ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see. Would anyone be able to do this? Or will this be something that you and DeathChaos would have to work together on? I'm sure somebody would be willing to figure it out. Like whitewolf heheh. I'd probably try as well but he's a lot better at this than I am.
ack, i might try it out if i can today. We'll see.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.16.0 is released! https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.16.0

I haven't worked on this in a few months now. Truth be told, I kinda burned myself out on it! Before vanishing, though, I did do most of the work on a "traits" panel for stuff like making units be able to use certain characters' personal weapons. I think it works, though. Some of the names in it could use some improvement (they're taken from a Nightmare list by RainThunder), but I decided that since I don't see myself working on this again for the foreseeable future, I might as well release what I have so that it'll be a known thing in any forks people make.

* Add: Traits panel on unit editor. In case you feel the Yato is better off in the hands of a true hero like Arthur!

Big thanks to everyone who helped with the code and gave feedback. This was quite fun to work on - in fact, I think I enjoyed making FEFTwiddler more than I enjoyed playing Fates! Maybe I'll come back sometime. There's still stuff that can be done, like support for buildings and new game plus functionality that I never got around to.

Shoot me a PM on gbatemp if any of you want help learning the code or if you want any notes I took on stuff that never got coded. Peace out, dudes!

(Also, I updated the OP a bit to reflect all this)

Marth?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0.16.0 is released! https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.16.0

I haven't worked on this in a few months now. Truth be told, I kinda burned myself out on it! Before vanishing, though, I did do most of the work on a "traits" panel for stuff like making units be able to use certain characters' personal weapons. I think it works, though. Some of the names in it could use some improvement (they're taken from a Nightmare list by RainThunder), but I decided that since I don't see myself working on this again for the foreseeable future, I might as well release what I have so that it'll be a known thing in any forks people make.

* Add: Traits panel on unit editor. In case you feel the Yato is better off in the hands of a true hero like Arthur!

Big thanks to everyone who helped with the code and gave feedback. This was quite fun to work on - in fact, I think I enjoyed making FEFTwiddler more than I enjoyed playing Fates! Maybe I'll come back sometime. There's still stuff that can be done, like support for buildings and new game plus functionality that I never got around to.

Shoot me a PM on gbatemp if any of you want help learning the code or if you want any notes I took on stuff that never got coded. Peace out, dudes!

(Also, I updated the OP a bit to reflect all this)

Oh my gosh best going away to college present haha!

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoo more twiddling fun!

Regarding the whole extdata concept floating around
- March's build of JKSV doesnt work with ExtData injection, I suspect it was due to 2 .bak files that were in my ext dump, for whatever reason.
- I can confirm the injection works with the June build console agnostic.
- Also, no you cannot merge ext dumps together to get the content from both. g_contents.bin is basically an index of the installed dlc content, if the dlc is not specified in the one that you end up injecting then you simply wont have access.
- Now you say "But we just add the entries to g_contents.bin KuroKitsu!" Theoretically yes, the problem being no one has figured out the specific format of a single entry corresponding of the data file name and its renamed file name. Once we figure how long a single entry can be and the entry seperators being used, THEN yes.

SoulsofMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOOOOO....
I told myself that I wanted to hack fire emblem fates, Problem was I needed to be on 9.2 firmware and since I was on 11.0 firmware I was srewed, So then I find a save editor that lets you to the same thing, but since I have a digital version of the game I need a CFW, and for that you need to be 9.2 firmware or get a physical copy Awesome day..... -_-

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOOOOO....
I told myself that I wanted to hack fire emblem fates, Problem was I needed to be on 9.2 firmware and since I was on 11.0 firmware I was srewed, So then I find a save editor that lets you to the same thing, but since I have a digital version of the game I need a CFW, and for that you need to be 9.2 firmware or get a physical copy Awesome day..... -_-
What? To use this, all you need to do is get access to Homebrew and a save manager, both of which you can get on 11.0. :/ You don't need to have a CFW to use this.

Reactions: PKBowsy

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoa, the flag editor is looking pretty good! I tried taking Siegfried!Siegbert online and it just disabled Siegfried, lol. I can imagine why, though.

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried using the "staff" trait on Sorcerer!Ophelia. Yet again, it seemed to work offline, but vanish online. I guess you can enable most flags without worrying about online, then?

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried this a couple of days ago with Corrin and it was the same, no shadowban just the weapon unequipped. You can use Ragnell though, as long as its unforged.

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there's a flag for the amiibo units weapons, its just the only legitimate way to obtain them is with the units themself, and as they can't be traded (unlike Xander's weapon) they shouldn't be able to find themselves on other units.

So I think the other amiibo unit weapons should be fine, although I have only tested Ragnell on online battles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo