ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It is a pretty steep learning curve, but it starts getting easy once you get the hold of it.
This pretty much.

Getting started it possibly the single hardest thing, moreso if you really have no previous knowledge of this kind of thing, but once you learn how everything works everything else just becomes easy.

For example, currently in my game, I ported over all the Asset IDs from Heirs of Fates 6 and all the portraits, and that's what my child units are currently using.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. If you're making a seal for the Lord class, any chance you're also working on Lissa's "Cleric" class? I have two big reasons. One, Camilla would be an amazing Cleric, she has the stats to wield other Axes than the Bolt Axe, making the idea sound absolutely silly (and she would get to wear Lissa's pretty awesome outfit). Also everyone dressed up as Lissa would be pretty awesome imo.

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So.. If you're making a seal for the Lord class, any chance you're also working on Lissa's "Cleric" class? I have two big reasons. One, Camilla would be an amazing Cleric, she has the stats to wield other Axes than the Bolt Axe, making the idea sound absolutely silly (and she would get to wear Lissa's pretty awesome outfit). Also everyone dressed up as Lissa would be pretty awesome imo.
I still get the feel that they would look weird, there's something about the models for custom content that makes it look weird on regular units IMO.

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as you were able to get the amiibo units to appear in My Castle/Hero Battles, and having them appear in the castle albeit without any dialogue, how do you go about giving the amiibo units, and by extension the other characters, their own dialogue when they appear in My Castle since they don't have a blue shield icon on them in the Supports.

I ask because the Gay Fates hack made it possible to do supports with the amiibo units and gave Lucina dialogue if she appears around the Castle and if she levels up in battle and I kind of want to know where I would go and do the same for Marth, Ike, and Robin.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as you were able to get the amiibo units to appear in My Castle/Hero Battles, and having them appear in the castle albeit without any dialogue, how do you go about giving the amiibo units, and by extension the other characters, their own dialogue when they appear in My Castle since they don't have a blue shield icon on them in the Supports.

I ask because the Gay Fates hack made it possible to do supports with the amiibo units and gave Lucina dialogue if she appears around the Castle and if she levels up in battle and I kind of want to know where I would go and do the same for Marth, Ike, and Robin.
Custom dlc could do it. Ive been thinking about doing for a while, but it would be low on my priority list due to the things I'm working on. The idea would be to use the dlc to insert a supplemental file to the file that contains the dialogue. Death/Retreat dialogue could also be added this way.

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would literally be Camilla's head in Lissa's body.

Saying it'd look weird is an understatement.
HA! I knew thats why they looked weird

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Supports are a different cup of tea and require romhacking to do what you are asking. The amiibo units already exist in game data and it's just having them in the logbook that gives you access, but it you want supports and dialogue, you'll gave to ask @UnassumingVenusaur about adding it for the rest of them.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DeathChaos. are the growths/caps sorta low on purpose for your playables intentionally? I noticed Chrom capped out at about 30 strength, and Sumeragi has barely leveled at all in his 10 levels I've fed him.

Mikoto on the other hand has been putting in some work.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey DeathChaos. are the growths/caps sorta low on purpose for your playables intentionally? I noticed Chrom capped out at about 30 strength, and Sumeragi has barely leveled at all in his 10 levels I've fed him.

Mikoto on the other hand has been putting in some work.
They all have 0% growths across the board, yet clearly the game doesn't think so, so i literally have no idea.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They all have 0% growths across the board, yet clearly the game doesn't think so, so i literally have no idea.

Was that intentional that they have no growths? I wanted to use them normally in a run.. Unless I'm getting stats up from Class growths? But yeah. They've been getting stats. (Except Garon. The only way I got him to level up anything was giving him aptitude.)

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Was that intentional that they have no growths? I wanted to use them normally in a run.. Unless I'm getting stats up from Class growths? But yeah. They've been getting stats. (Except Garon. The only way I got him to level up anything was giving him aptitude.)
Giving them any amount of growths seems to break things for some reason, but I've used Chrom in a lot of runs and he seems to get a lot of good 3-5 stat level ups.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giving them any amount of growths seems to break things for some reason, but I've used Chrom in a lot of runs and he seems to get a lot of good 3-5 stat level ups.

Why does Chrom hit caps so quickly? 30 seems awfully low for him, and I thought he had higher strength in Before Awakening.

Are they affected by statues at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme