Gaming FDragon Quest VI Date Announced for the US

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 20, 2010 - Nintendo of America today gave video game fans across North America something sweet to look forward to on Valentine's Day, and it has nothing to do with flowers or chocolates. On Feb. 14, DRAGON QUEST® VI: Realms of RevelationTM - previously unavailable outside of Japan - will make its North American debut exclusively on the hand-held Nintendo DSTM family of systems. Combining classic role-playing adventure with new character options and enhancements, the game offers hours of imaginative DRAGON QUEST fun spanning several unique game worlds that can be enjoyed on the go.

For more information about DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation, visit http://dragonquest6.nintendo.com.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=26902

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should't this be in the magazine/news section? anyways i like most of the dragon quest games but i think it will be hard to beat dq xi was one of the best rpg games i have played and whole lot better than GD: Dark dawn

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rejoice
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news! Was very worried this wouldn't be localized, they had avoided announcing it.

And yeah, it is news-worthy. I'd post it but i'd be creating a duplicate topic, guess this will do though.
tongue.gif

GolfDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somebody didnt see this and posted it there 2 mins ago.....

and apparently the link nintendo themselves gave isnt live yet.. the press site post i assume went up before they could get the actual site for everybody up and running

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool. I know Nintendo published IX, but I don't remember them publishing the IV and V remakes. Wonder what's going on over there with SE with regards to this series in the U.S. DQIX sales seemed to be a disappointment, and they marketed the hell out of that game. I simply cannot understand why these games don't do well here. The remakes I can understand because they stay true to the originals in the sense of random encounters, but DQIX was a near-perfect, pocket RPG.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't like IV or V so I'm not too thrilled about VI. As was said before, I'd rather want DQM:J2. Pretty decent monster collecting game, if a little grind heavy. But it does rock some of the best graphics on the system. At least the first one did.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds nice, too bad the SaGa 2 (Final Fantasy Legend 2) translation will probably be finished by then so no time to play DQ6.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Didn't like IV or V so I'm not too thrilled about VI. As was said before, I'd rather want DQM:J2. Pretty decent monster collecting game, if a little grind heavy. But it does rock some of the best graphics on the system. At least the first one did.
Yay we agree! lol
I LOVED DQMJ. it was the balls.
What i dont understand is why other companies learn from them and do cell shaded like square pulled off.
There could be some really awesome games in that style...

Pokemon...

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Yeah I enjoyed DQMJ2 even tho it wasn't in english...I got tired of waiting for some news about it and gave in and it totally sucked me in for the longest time,it would actually be nice to know what the hell all the characters were talking about during the story...

D

Deleted User

Cool, I wanted to give this game a try on the SNES, but then I realized it was only partially fan-translated. Main characters have some pretty cool Toriyama (I think) designs, the art style is what pulls me in to these sorts of games, lol, or at least... well, grabs my attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c