Homebrew FCEUGX-1UP

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16 Thank you. Much appreciated.

I have a question. I'm not sure if you are taking requests, and I have tried on normal GX ports maintained by dborth but can't create pull requests.

Is it possible add the scale2x and hq2x filters? I noticed snes9xgx has it, but not fceugx.
Is it possible to have a scale2x filter or would it be too taxing on the wii like the hq2x filter? EmGBA has the scale2x filter and it looks great.

Reactions: rogerioronin

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Update on the first post

The new Digital Prime palette by FBX is beautiful ^^

@DDinghoya I added it, thanks

@PacBunny the hq2x filters are in the project (scanlines), I try to adapt the FCEUX code because with the Snes9x one it doesn't work :/
hi @Tanooki16

Nice to see you connected again, but i have a question:

Are the Wii VC color palettes by @SuperrSonic (Original and Restored) still selectable on FCEUX TX in the latest version of September 1, 2021?

EDIT: Because i recently use your builds of FCEUX TX and Snes9x TX for make these emus "autoboot ROMs" as they were Wii VC channels with forwarders. ;)

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: Tanooki16

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16

Thank you for the update. Replacing Wavebeam palette with Smooth V2 is a good choice, i cannot tell the difference with naked eye. Question regarding PAL composite palette? Is this palette the same as PAL Saturated palette or just similar? It looks great either way but i dont think i have it archived. Could you possibly post a link if it is indeed not the same? Thank you.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on the first post

The new Digital Prime palette by FBX is beautiful ^^

@DDinghoya I added it, thanks

@PacBunny the hq2x filters are in the project (scanlines), I try to adapt the FCEUX code because with the Snes9x one it doesn't work :/
I said Scale2x, if it isn't possible then is there a way to make snes games look better in snes9xgx cus I'm getting sick of using the filtered setting?

Reactions: SaulFabre

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is NES thread. I believe your question has already been answered. Seriously, if you need your games to "look better" , play on your PC. emGBA looks fantastic, at the expense of running games poorly. When you get involved into a Great game, filters and shaders are moot, playability above all. 99% of true gamers want the authentic experience.

Reactions: niuus and SaulFabre

umjammercammy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16 Very nice work, the aesthetic changes are very pleasing and the additional palettes are a welcome addition.
I'm having an issue tho with the Gamecube version where it almost never loads games- selecting a rom immediately freezes the app instead. Do I need to unzip all my roms? I'm using the same rom folder I was previously using with FCEUXGX and I had no issues there.

I've tried multiple SD cards, unplugging and replugging the SDGecko, etc. if I back out of the current folder and then re-enter it it takes me back to the root folder, and then sorta "loops around". I can go back to my rom folder and click it but it spits me back into the root folder again, and if I check the settings afterwards my loading folder is set to a nonsense folder location (like "fceuxtx/roms/S/fceuxtx/roms/S/fceuxtx/roms/S" etc. etc.

I'm having no issues so far with Snes9XTX however.

EDIT: Just tried using unzipped roms, no difference. I'm still getting crashes every time I try to load a rom.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Tanooki16 Very nice work, the aesthetic changes are very pleasing and the additional palettes are a welcome addition.
I'm having an issue tho with the Gamecube version where it almost never loads games- selecting a rom immediately freezes the app instead. Do I need to unzip all my roms? I'm using the same rom folder I was previously using with FCEUXGX and I had no issues there.

I've tried multiple SD cards, unplugging and replugging the SDGecko, etc. if I back out of the current folder and then re-enter it it takes me back to the root folder, and then sorta "loops around". I can go back to my rom folder and click it but it spits me back into the root folder again, and if I check the settings afterwards my loading folder is set to a nonsense folder location (like "fceuxtx/roms/S/fceuxtx/roms/S/fceuxtx/roms/S" etc. etc.

I'm having no issues so far with Snes9XTX however.

EDIT: Just tried using unzipped roms, no difference. I'm still getting crashes every time I try to load a rom.
Well, that's an issue.

There's a similar issue reported by someone else on FCEUGX GitHub by @Tantric (but still not solved): https://github.com/dborth/fceugx/issues/446

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a really well managed fork, good stuff @Tanooki16 ! Glad to see it keeping reasonably up to date with the source.

One question, since I use the emulator with my CRT, which palette is ideal in this seutp? FBX has changed the names and the colors so many times over the years that I don't know what is what anymore.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: