Hacking FCE Ultra Wii graphic glitch problem?

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am playing Mega Man 2 and when i choose load state my save game loads. then after playing for a few seconds the graphics got all glitchy and started overlapping. i went to choose load state to load my save again but i accidentally pushed save state. now whenever i go back to the game the graphics are glitched. i even rebooted my Wii and chose load state again. the graphics are still messed up.

is there any way to fix this glitch and keep my save game?

by the way starting over does fix the graphic glitch but i am very far in the game and i don't want to have to start over

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, back in the NES days, there were no save states
tongue.gif
you had to play it thru in one sit..
I'm sure you can manage ;P

@samsam ... wtf.. stop it.

stevey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this problem myself, try not loading the save state on or before the title screen and 1st get to the level select screen then go to the menu and reload the state (or dieing seem to fix it too...)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
so i am playing Mega Man 2 and when i choose load state my save game loads. then after playing for a few seconds the graphics got all glitchy and started overlapping. i went to choose load state to load my save again but i accidentally pushed save state. now whenever i go back to the game the graphics are glitched. i even rebooted my Wii and chose load state again. the graphics are still messed up.

is there any way to fix this glitch and keep my save game?

by the way starting over does fix the graphic glitch but i am very far in the game and i don't want to have to start over

My guess is you have a glitch in the game. By that I mean that the game was never meant to have states saved. Whenever you save a state it is saving not just your character's location in the game or whatever, but also any bugs or glitches that might have accumulated. In a situation like this, I'd say play to a point where you can get a password (ah, the good ol' days), write down the password, reset the emulator and start the game over from the title screen. Enter your password and you'll be where you left off but probably without the accumulated glitch. It's not so much an emulator issue as much as it is a side effect of the way save states work.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could try dying. that might work. i beat an entire level with the glitch graphics and it didn't get fixed though. would dying be much different?

getting the password is definitely a good idea. Mega Man 2 has passwords right? i hope i can read the password though, all of the glitch graphics make the text pretty weird.

thanks for the help. except for that guy who posted the crude image. hahaha.

for future reference, i also noticed that the glitched graphics seem to occur when i choose load state and hit the 1 button until i return to the game. if i choose play game after i choose load state instead of hitting 1 a bunch of times the glitch doesn't seem to happen (at least not as often).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex