Homebrew FCE Ultra GX sound problems

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the NES emulator, and I started playing MM2 and I noticed that the music was kind of scratchy and doesn't sound like it should. Also, sometimes when scrolling from one screen to the next, I see some graphical bugs and it's not as smoother as it should be. I have the latest version and I don't know how to fix this? Is this normal?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
There are always sketchy issues in this Nes emu, Tantric is trying to iron them out, maybe you have your settings wrong, change the settings and try....
as this release is by far the best and works fantastic for me on all mario roms
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tranquil said:
I just tried the NES emulator, and I started playing MM2 and I noticed that the music was kind of scratchy and doesn't sound like it should. Also, sometimes when scrolling from one screen to the next, I see some graphical bugs and it's not as smoother as it should be. I have the latest version and I don't know how to fix this? Is this normal?
Yup! I've mentioned it before....I can't play this emulator because of this. When I play mario games the sound is almost as important as the gameplay. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I just think it's a shame. Let's hope the great people who made this will release an improved version soon.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently the main sound bug was fixed in 2.0.5. But in that version there was a new problem with the sound. This was fixed in 2.0.6, but that version had slowdown. So now let's wait for 2.0.7
smile.gif

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the heck is this even happening? The SNES emulator runs better than the NES one o.o

I would think that the NES would be EASIER to emulate than SNES, not harder. Is there any alternative to this? For crying out loud, my DS emulates NES games better.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
True but theres many issues with the NEW port of FCEU, its hard, tantric and ek-eke are working on it in their free time obviously......
Cant expect too much..... the sounds perfect fine to me, its not 100% yet but not far off we should see an update hopefully soon
smile.gif

Great work Tntric and eke-eke, love the Snes emu, wouldn't know what to do without it, hate using pc emus.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, to add to the list, Atlantis No Nazo looks screwy in some of the graphics.

Otherwise a++ I love playing nes on my wii, they deserve gold medals

or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY