FCE Ultra GX sound problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tranquil, Nov 3, 2008.

Nov 3, 2008

FCE Ultra GX sound problems by Tranquil at 10:18 PM (1,907 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Tranquil
    OP

Member Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just tried the NES emulator, and I started playing MM2 and I noticed that the music was kind of scratchy and doesn't sound like it should. Also, sometimes when scrolling from one screen to the next, I see some graphical bugs and it's not as smoother as it should be. I have the latest version and I don't know how to fix this? Is this normal?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    There are always sketchy issues in this Nes emu, Tantric is trying to iron them out, maybe you have your settings wrong, change the settings and try....
    as this release is by far the best and works fantastic for me on all mario roms [​IMG]

3. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Yup! I've mentioned it before....I can't play this emulator because of this. When I play mario games the sound is almost as important as the gameplay. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I just think it's a shame. Let's hope the great people who made this will release an improved version soon.

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Apparently the main sound bug was fixed in 2.0.5. But in that version there was a new problem with the sound. This was fixed in 2.0.6, but that version had slowdown. So now let's wait for 2.0.7 [​IMG]

5. Tranquil
    OP

Member Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why the heck is this even happening? The SNES emulator runs better than the NES one o.o

I would think that the NES would be EASIER to emulate than SNES, not harder. Is there any alternative to this? For crying out loud, my DS emulates NES games better.

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    True but theres many issues with the NEW port of FCEU, its hard, tantric and ek-eke are working on it in their free time obviously......
    Cant expect too much..... the sounds perfect fine to me, its not 100% yet but not far off we should see an update hopefully soon [​IMG]

Great work Tntric and eke-eke, love the Snes emu, wouldn't know what to do without it, hate using pc emus.

7. gllt

Newcomer gllt Advanced Member

United States
    Well, to add to the list, Atlantis No Nazo looks screwy in some of the graphics.

Otherwise a++ I love playing nes on my wii, they deserve gold medals

or something.

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Yep nothing but Respect for coders [​IMG] no matter how bad they are, atleast they are trying or getting somewhere:)