Homebrew fbi free cia install

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the closure of free-shop the best way to get free games on the 3ds is to download the rom online and install it via FBI it doesn't always go that smooth though. for instance it took me a few weeks to really get the hang of it, but I can now download most 3ds games and install them. The one thing I can't do is update the games I get different error messages every time I try. Downloading an updated version of the game hasn't worked either. haven't tried DLC but it might work. Does it have anything to do with tickets? I NO SMRT SO ME NEED HELP

Last edited by Nerms,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the closure of free-shop the best way to get free games on the 3ds is to download the rom online and install it via FBI it doesn't always go that smooth though. for instance it took me a few weeks to really get the hang of it, but I can now download most 3ds games and install them. The one thing I can't do is update the games I get different error messages every time I try. Downloading an updated version of the game hasn't worked either. haven't tried DLC but it might work. Does it have anything to do with tickets? I NO SMRT SO ME NEED HELP

Is your 3ds region changed?

Last edited by Shadow#1,

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a video of my problem but I can't upload it here because its the file size is to large. BS.
anyway thanks for your help tonight still can't make any progress but I'll let you know if I do.
I'm going to bed.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Downloading an updated version of the game hasn't worked either. haven't tried DLC but it might work. Does it have anything to do with tickets?
Ignoring the apparent asking for piracy (which is against the rules of this forum), to install updates and DLCs for an specific game is always recommended to use only those compatible with the same region of the game... If not possible, then you must use (or try to use, at least) the homebrew called "Luma Locale Switcher" in order to (try to) force the load of updates/DLCs that mismatched with the region of a specific game (don't ask me how, because I don't exactly know that and I don't use that too; it's just a possibility).

Last edited by fmkid,

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a video of my problem but I can't upload it here because its the file size is to large. BS.
anyway thanks for your help tonight still can't make any progress but I'll let you know if I do.
I'm going to bed.
If the games don't see any updates then they r of different region

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the games don't see any updates then they r of different region
its less of not seeing any updates when I update pirated games a get error code : 009-2920 about halfway through the download process. and I pirate the USA version of my games for my USA 2ds xl. It recognizes the update but won't let me finish it.
Does that make any sense?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its less of not seeing any updates when I update pirated games a get error code : 009-2920 about halfway through the download process. and I pirate the USA version of my games for my USA 2ds xl. It recognizes the update but won't let me finish it.
Does that make any sense?
That's really strange as IV never had a problem updating pirated games

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I haven't really found anyone else with the same problem. I got my games from [redacted] but I don't know what that would have to do with it. I did come across the Arm11 error if that effects anything but I fixed that. I really don't know I just want to play Mario maker online without paying.

Last edited by VinsCool, , Reason: Please do not directly link warez websites

Nerms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignoring the apparent asking for piracy (which is against the rules of this forum), to install updates and DLCs for an specific game is always recommended to use only those compatible with the same region of the game... If not possible, then you must use (or try to use, at least) the homebrew called "Luma Locale Switcher" in order to (try to) force the load of updates/DLCs that mismatched with the region of a specific game (don't ask me how, because I don't exactly know that and I don't use that too; it's just a possibility).
Hey I just found time to try this out and it worked!
so for anyone in 2020 who is pirating 3ds games off of
Have you tried updating it with a CIA? Some websites have the update/DLC CIA.
yeah I have. It hasn't worked for me. last night I got ssb4 and changed the region from region free to usa and I was able to update it.
still can't update Mario maker or Majora's mask though. I'll keep trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes