0.0%
  15. 1 voter(s)
  1. Hillsy_

Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

Link to the Past is my favourite also.

2. Shabadage

Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The Zelda Series follows a timeline for a few games at a time, though they have been abandoning that lately.

Zelda 1 and 2 were one timeline
    LTtP and Awakening were another
    Ages and Seasons were another
    Ocarina and Majora were another

The games since then haven't really been connected, Phantom Hourglass uses the same gfx as Windwaker, but the stories are unrelated.

LTtP is my favorite Zelda.

3. TaeK

TaeK GBAtemp Regular

The Zelda timeline theory:

[​IMG]

4. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    My favorite game was Oracle of Seasons. Many hours were spent on it. I own retail copies of all games (albeit not original release, like I have "nes classics" GBA Zelda 1 and 2 and the Ocarina of Time Master Quest promo CD for GC)

5. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    yaya high five man

6. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Nah.. there's no timeline to unify all Zelda games..

Well, Zelda 2 comes after the first game

Phantom Hourglass comes after Wind Waker

and Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages and Seasons come after Ocarina of Time in no specific order..

based on the ending, you could also say that Link's Awakening comes after Oracle of Ages/Seasons

but, that's it [​IMG]

Trying to combine those and fit all the others in a particular order is a big waste of time..

7. Mei-o

Mei-o Generic Asian Kid™

Oracle of Ages was the first Zelda game that I ever finished and it's also my fave(I never had the chance to link with Seasons though), then Link's Awakening, I loved the classic overhead perspective Zelda games! [​IMG]

8. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Linkiboy... wow... your sig made me crack up... wtf... that's some real twisted shit there man... real twisted...

Umm, your missing 3 games in that timeline buddy... ever heard of a little system called the Philips CD-i??

9. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Majora's Mask never gets the love it deserves. I have trouble deciding which is my favorite. My tops are OoT, MM, Zelda 1, and LA. The Nintendo ones trump all of the CapCom ones, IMHO.

The Oracles are good, but LA is definitely my favorite handheld one, Zelda 1 is my favorite 2D console one and it's a definite tie between OoT and MM for 3D. They are just so different I have trouble picking between OoT and MM.

I love how dark MM is, but OoT just really kept that LoZ feel with the expansive, open environment. I honestly can't think of a LoZ that I haven't enjoyed. I even loved most of WW. I didn't enjoy the Triforce Quest, but I really appreciate the concept of it. They tried to give a real throw back to Zelda 1 with a fully open, non-linear, unbelievably huge environment. Fantastic idea, poorly executed.

EDIT: BTW, I own most of the Zeldas, just not Zelda 2, Four Swords and Minish cap, though I have played through all of them since the ones I don't own, my best friend does. And the series absolutely follows a timeline and anyone who can't accept that really hasn't paid any attention. There are more than enough context clues to piece together a timeline and it has already been revealed that there IS a timeline. It is a split timeline. It starts with Minish Cap and Four Swords then OoT is where the split happens. One timeline where Ganondorf has taken power and been defeated by Link and another where that has yet to happen. All Zelda games are created completely disregarding the timeline and then fit into the timeline after development is complete so it does not affect the game itself.

10. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I played and finished most of the Zelda games, and I still own them in cartridge form or disc, plus a couple on my flashcarts.
    I loved them all , but I must admit there was something dark,mystic and beautiful about Majora's mask and the Moon about to fall from the sky that still makes me wish to this day to dig it out and give it another go, which would be a first for me since each and every one of these games take really a long time to finish and it's sort of a commitment.
    So yes, my favorite is Majora's Mask, even though it was less innovative and came after OOT, I liked every bit of it down to the incredible ending.
    And I'm surprised that today quite a few people voted for Wind Waker, I remember when the game came out most hardcore Zelda fans refused to accept it because of the childish cell shaded look, but Nintendo saw it right and still did a great game and time tells us after all it wasn't a mistake.

11. Kumo

Kumo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Link's Awakening on GBC. It was the first of the series that I played. You could also steal from shops.

12. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Link to the Past
    That's the only one I've beaten

And its awesome =D

Look its tied with OoT right now =D

13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    Link to the past & Links awakening.
    I liked the others, sometime not finished yet (oracle, and wind waker + DS) because I didn't have the time, but I will one day [​IMG]

There's no timeline, but I like to think maybe there will be one explained someday.

I have all the games, real cartridge, flashcard or VC (zelda II).
    The only zelda I never played are the CD-I one [​IMG]
    Is there any emulator for CD-I ?

real owned :
    The Adventure of Link (I gave it ;__;)
    A Link to the Past
    Link's Awakening
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    The Wind Waker
    Twilight Princess

edit :
    too bad, the four swords series, I played alone, I don't know anyone else playing video games [​IMG]

14. evoo1

evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I just recently played through 4 Swords Adventures on the NGC with 3 friends and I gotta say, it was quite an experience [​IMG].
    We had a blast and for me, that experience came real close to Ocarina of Time which still of course is my favorite. Nothing strikes nostalgia more than OoT [​IMG]

15. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    4 Swords Adventures is pretty good, but I lost one of my GC>GBA cables long ago and I only know 2 other people with GBAs anyways.

I think Four Swords was a lot better seeing as Adventures seemed like a way to get people to buy GC>GBA cables

16. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Twilight princess, just because i haven't bothered playing any other zeldas.

17. Defiance

OP Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    I wonder if playing your first Zelda game has anything to do with it... I mean, Wind Waker was my first game, and it's also my favorite. That also seems to apply to you guys too.

18. komander

komander Member
    Newcomer

United States
    orcania of time defently

19. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Maybe, LttP was my first and its my favorite

20. Fakie!

Fakie! GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    Majora's Mask. I loved it, but I think it's my favourite because of the fact that I played it before playing OOT

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Favorite, Zelda,