1. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    That's cool - I never knew the x1000 thing - I've been thinking of playing through it again, I will have to try that.

2. JinTrigger

JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Eh...Though nice I would have like the battle to be more in depth (the one on one sword fight....The horse back fight was total bliss)

3. Fudge

Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
    Banned

United States
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker had an awesome final boss fight.

4. BloodyFlame

BloodyFlame GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The last boss from Sonic 06(I can't remember the thing's name.)
    The thing from Contra.
    The Hazard from Sonic Adventure 2.

Probably some more that I can't think of.

5. narutofan777

narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    crisis core - Genesis. I koed that sob so easy I was shocked

6. haohmaru6

haohmaru6 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    With a long gaming history, several come to mind...

The ones that made impressions upon me were (in random order:)

Zelda OOT (duh)

Super Metroid (great music, great visuals, fun battle)

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (multi form bosses!)

Contra III: The Alien Wars (on hard mode) (another multi form, then chase at the end)

Ghoul School (sequel to Zombies ate my Neighbors)
    (an obscure one I know, for some reason I remember having to try this one many times and was still motivated to try again till I killed it)

Demon's Crest (the REAL last boss, great music, epic fight)

Cave Story (Ballos...)

Luigi's Mansion (yeah I liked it, thought the fight had good atmosphere)

that's all I can think of for now

7. mechagouki

Canada
    Here's the Magician from House of the Dead 2 I mentioned earlier. Speech is missing for some reason.

[youtube]kR7Mm7bDoOw[/youtube]

8. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    He's so awesome in Typing of the Dead. That game actually made the boss battles of HotD2 a lot more unique. Some focused on typing speed, others on accuracy. Outside of that three headed snake thing, which just gives you the most hilarious common logic problems.

9. MasamuneDragon

Newcomer

United States
    Super Metroid. No other final boss has ever had as much emotional response from me. Other M was an instant buy because of it's opening.

Unless Dahlia Hawthorne counts as a boss. My heart's BPM still skyrockets every time I hear either "Dahlia" or "Hawthorne" spoken aloud.

10. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    The Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment.

11. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I liked obtaining the cards, though I will give you the part of the area rules. I could never understand it.

Young? I remember Final Fantasy VII's release quite well thank you very much. All it did was bring in the character models from sprites to... I have no idea what they are, word's not appearing in my mind. And don't give me the whole Aeris dying thing a big reason, that's just fanboys, as a main character dying in a game has been done before. Other than the graphics at the time (which FF8 blew away), it was a pretty boring, and average game. And the only reason why it's still considered great is all the fanboys/fangirls who are too obsessed with Cloud and Sephiroth and how emo Cloud was.

12. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    And Squall wasn't emo?

13. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    i thoud squall was a bigger emo prick than cloud

on a side note i finally reached my 500th post

14. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Compared to Cloud? Not by a longshot. I forget the story behind FF8 (been so many years), but I do know that there was a legit reason. At first he was just a dick who didn't really care about anything. Cloud...what WAS the reason for him being emo?

15. mechagouki

Canada
    Contradict yourself much?

And you are a young kid compared to some here, and you were only 10 when FF VIII was released.

EDIT: Let's get this thread back on-topic; more boss videos please

16. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    ...How did I contradict myself, if it actually HAS been years since I've played FFVIII? I didn't play FFVIII on release. Also, way to be a moron. You honestly think everybody can remember every little detail about game's they've played? Hell, I could go play Super Adventure Island 2, or Legend of Gaia, or even newer titles such as DMC3, Final Fantasy X/X-2, SOCOM 2/3 and I wouldn't remember every little thing about them, especially not the story.

I just know of FF7 because I've played it only a few years back, and this is what I know, Cloud was a dick at first, Aeris died, he fell in some jello, he became emo.

17. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Final boss of FF VIII was hell for me. It came down to Squall, Zell, 99 Heroes, and 99 Megalixirs with the Lionheart unleashing its devastating attack every single turn. Every. Single. Turn. After about 20 turns of doing 9999 damage as many times as Lionheart could strike, Ultimecia fell leaving me oh so satisfied.

Lavos in Chrono Trigger just because of the type of boss it was. The entire concept of Lavos is still amazing, and finally beating Lavos after what felt like a very long journey (although it was at most, 20 hours) was as satisfying as could be. Plus, you can increase the difficulty for yourself. Wanna fight Lavos with JUST Crono? Good freaking luck if you aren't at least, I would say, about level 75 or so.

Beating Ansem at the end of Reverse Rebirth on KH: CoM was pretty satisfying. That was a hard boss that you really had to utilize what was given to you to beat.

Both bosses at the end of the two GBA Golden Sun games. I mean, hell, those bosses took genuine planning to beat. If you didn't walk in with a strategy and some luck, you would be screwed by the end. In the Lost Age, you can at least try to level grind, but the Wonderbird level grinding requires more skill and luck than the final boss fight itself.

Death in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Most boss fights in that game were excruciatingly difficult until you knew exactly what to do, but Death took the cake for me. It was very easy to walk into that fight unprepared, and I would say that the actual difficulty of the fight trumped that of the final battle. To top it off, you were fighting Death. Combine that with the pretty fantastic soundtrack for the game, and you get one hell of an experience.

If I can think of anymore, I'll post.

18. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    The 3 Bosses in a row in Cave Story....and then the fucking hellish hell boss down in hell known as BALLOS.

WHO CAN SUCK MY BALLS [​IMG]

19. Shockwind

Shockwind DIEEE!!!

Japan
    I enjoy fighting Bowser on some of the Mario games same with Dr. Eggman at some of the Sonic games. These two are my favorite final boss, and also my favorite final boss battles. [​IMG]

20. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    for me the giant sigma robot at the end of megaman x, have beaten it a lot of times.
    the mana dragon in secret of mana isn't also bad

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - favorite, battles, final