Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Ares from God of War 1.

Pretty much the reason behind the game, ultimate battle includes you fighting him mano-a-mano with your skills, him sending you to protect your wife and daughter against constantly spawning shadow clones of yourself, with the ability to hug your family in order to give yourself strength, followed by Ares wrenching you back into the real world, you deciding not to give up and pulling a Chekhov's Gun by using the sword/bridge from earlier in the game as an impromptu weapon against the God of War who has absorbed all your powers and is using them against you.

Never has a game gotten me so much excited, pushing me to the limit in order to defeat the final boss and exhale happily.

So, in general, I'd rate the best boss battles being those that you can't prepare for (in the game) and ultimately test the player's real ability without causing cries of anguish about the enemy being overpowered or broken.
Remember, in video games, it's all about the obstacle, but you can't be asked to jump at the level of a professional pole jumper in order to have fun, right?

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Joe88 said:
RE3 - Nemesis

[youtube]bZmBRjCC6uM[/youtube]
Are you the one who's playing it?
unsure.gif
I played that game, but I haven't finished it yet.
Anyways, my favorite final boss is Ansem from Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Bowser from Mario Games, and Dr. Eggman from Sonic games.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Devante said:
Ultimecia

The music is intense and matches each form perfectly, she's evil as hell, and the battle is momentous followed by an epic ending. It's incredible! It is all a truly grand finish to an amazing game.

Seconded, Kick ass music to a kick ass battle, loved it.

Also Specter on Ape Escape 1 Lol

OH! And Skeith on dot.Hack Infection! That was epic! with cool music
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cEu24G8ms8[/youtube]

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lord blazer from wild arms 2 just cause the music is epic. ps1

wait does a scripted boss count? not entirely sure its scripted never let my hp drop to zero at him.

Genowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lavos, the multiform mode which is a recap of all the previous bosses, and then the Final Battle with the drones.
Kefka, Monument to NonExistance.
Sir Ject, From FFX, music made the battle.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lavos from chrono trigger
Sigma in every megaman game
Nebula gray from MBN5
Omega from MBN3
Weasleby from Henry Hatsworth
ABYSS from mvc2
Kefka from ff6
Genesis:Avatar form from FFCC7
Pisaro the Manslayer from DQ4
Marx and Marx's Soul from Kirby Super Star Ultra

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy VIII (this game deserves so much more attention than 7 did, its superior in every single way).
Ocarina of Time
A Link to the Past

Iono, I have a bunch but it's too late here and my brain isn't in working mode.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Final Fantasy VIII (this game deserves so much more attention than 7 did, its superior in every single way).
FFVII received so much critical acclaim because it introduced the series to 3D. FFVIII merely built on the graphical groundwork that VII had laid out, and wasn't nearly as innovative.

Not to mention, VIII probably has the most tripe and illogical plot of the series, incredibly annoying characters, the junction system is a completely unnecessary additional grind, and that absolutely awful Triple Triad.

From an audio-visual standpoint though, the game was quite pretty.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Final Fantasy 88 was the best in the series still though, Since when has a plot in final fantasy actually been LOGICAL? Its a video game, it doest have to make sense, FF8 had everything FF7 had but more, so i believe 8 deserved more attention too, And with a last bost like ultimicia, Sepihiroth can suck it, was way too easy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?