Wii remake, but it was identical to the PS1 version except for better textures. As I recall, you couldn't move the camera around. It's been too long though. All I remember for sure is that I kept dying and getting stuck in rooms because I couldn't move with any accuracy.
exactly how it was the controls were terrible and you moved so fucking slow even turning around to shoot a ghost with the cam was like moving in slow motion. the story was boring, the chicks didn't show enough cleavage and the lightning was was unbearably bad. no wonder it never got a west release
exactly how it was the controls were terrible and you moved so fucking slow even turning around to shoot a ghost with the cam was like moving in slow motion. the story was boring, the chicks didn't show enough cleavage and the lightning was was unbearably bad. no wonder it never got a west release
I gotta agree on the movement. I get that you don't want to make things too easy, but I remember hating it discovering that a room I entered was empty...as that meant I had to TURN BACK ALL THE WAY! (yes, it took that long)
For anything else, I don't agree (though that may be sarcasm). The story was building up to something; it didn't do the sales pitch of most Western games that something horrible has to happen within the first 10 minutes. The lighting is bad in pretty much ALL horror games, so that's hardly a flaw. Finally...not all games are made for horny teenagers. Though now you mention it, it may well be that that is the impression from the Japanese team (I can already envision a meeting where the reason the game won't have a Western release because "those gajins" won't buy games featuring women that aren't cosplaying as some fetish model).
Here's my translated version of the trailer, though it doesn't really give much extra information. As far as I know, it's the only translated one on YouTube. If the subtitles don't show up, try viewing it in YouTube and click the "CC" button in the lower-right of the video to turn on the English closed captions.
And here's some stuff that might help you navigate the official Japanese website.
On the home page, there are 3 links (vertical Japanese text):
I. The first link from the right (予告映像 - Announcement Trailer) will randomly flash one of 4 messages each time you click on it. Well, not exactly random--more like it cycles through the 4 messages. They are as follows:
III. The last link on the left (日上山の言い伝え - The Legend of Hikamiyama) just talks about how people climb the mountain to commit suicide and cross over into the spirit world.
IV. Almost forgot about the link in the lower-right corner of the home page, which is just a teaser to the Fatal Frame movie that's coming out in September.
So, uh...yeah.
I may come back to translate this stuff, but I'm really tired right now. I just typed out the Japanese text because I figured in a pinch you guys can at least copy-paste into an (*ugh*) online translator.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...