FAt32 with WBFS folder?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tengusoldier, Dec 22, 2009.

1. tengusoldier
    OP

tengusoldier GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    So I knw that a couple of backup loaders can load froma FAT32 folder that ahs a WBFS partition, thing is...you need an NFTS system in order to have an ISO fiel as tehya re larger than 4 gigs, so if my PC is also FAT32...is tehre any way to mak emy external HDD work as the [place where I can put the large files with NFTS as well as the FAT drive for Wii games?

2. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    You could partition your drive to have a FAT32 partition and also a separate NTFS one.

Either that you could use Configurable USB Loader which supports NTFS.

3. tengusoldier
    OP

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    Is that the same as a FAt32 with a WBFS folder just...NFTS with WBFS folder?

4. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Pretty much. NTFS also supports sparse files with Configurable USB Loader, so it can save space.
    Sparse Files

5. tengusoldier
    OP

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    How does that work?
    I read the link but I dont get it >.>
    sorry.

6. GeeMann

GeeMann Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Canada
    Since ConfigUSB supports NTFS, Should the USB HDD be formatted via windows PC or is it best to use ConfigUSB to do this? I have used WiiBackupManager0.3.0 to format the USB HDD to FAT#@, but the loader doesnt seem to see it right away. I have to click on select another partition and then all shows up? Any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice