Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokestation.net
XP
Country
da_letter_a said:
temporalcask said:
A note on the HG/SS pokesav, whenever I edit my save and save the edit it erases my Trainer name. When I load my game my name is listed as ????? and all pokemon caught by me now act as traded pokemon. This could be becuase the text of the program doesn't seem to load correctly on my computer, but I don't know how to fix it so I will leave things as they are for now. Also ralph9994 if you were referring to the HG/SS editor, when I edited my pokeballs, everything worked fine, in and out of battle, also the Medicine bag edit worked as well.
Load pokesavhgss through this app:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
Set it to Japanese (the last selection in the list), then it should display it correctly.
But if you saved already... unless you are able to type your Japanese-Font name back in, it's stuck like that. (The "big" roman letters in Japanese games are different to the regular roman letters you see in English games)

P.S. I'm currently working on translating pokesavhgss v0.02 to English.
There is no point I have released v0.01 & v0.02 in English (I am trying to change the Pokémon Names & Moves for v0.03)

FakeHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
I've translated v0.02:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181172

@mikeac
Your pokemonlegend link does no work. It links to an unused domain.

EDIT:
@CloneCharizard
You've already done it? Where would I find it? (I didn't notice your post till after I posted this one)

doesnt work for me, crashes everytime when i click the edit button for pokemon.

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Pokesav will work for No$gba .sav's? I'm getting an Acekard 2i here soon, but I want to edit my stuff now.

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, me and Pokesav have had some bad times concerning D/P/Pt... and HG/SS now until I fixed it. I just wanted to see if anyone had found a way to make it work before Pokesav had another brain fart. But I figured out that going into No$gba's config settings and changing the SAV/SNA file type from Compressed to Raw lets Pokesav read it. Dunno if any other Nogba users had this problem, or if this fix is already known, just stating what I figured out after awhile of messing around.

shanepaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hagijyushiai36 said:
Actually, you can use No$GBA with Pokesav, just need some tinkering. My friend's tried this and it works, here's a guide:

QUOTE said:
Okay, I figured this out.

1. Go to your NO$GBA BATTERY folder and copy your save file somewhere else in order to back it up in case you mess up.

2. Open NO$GBA.ini in notepad, scroll down to the line:
SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed
and change it to:
SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed

3. Open No$GBA (make sure your save type in NO$GBA is FLASH 512 kbytes) and continue your game. Save the game, and then quit NO$GBA. Check the size of your save file in the BATTERY folder. It should be over 500kb.

3. Use the follow program to convert your save file, it will remove the first 76 bytes of your save:
Freeware - No$GBA > VBA Battery Converter | [email protected]
To use it, click the "Configure" button and set the directory to where your new big save file is. In the empty text box named "New .sav File" enter a name for the new file you will make. Now select your Pokemon save and press convert file. It will create a new save file with the name you typed in.

4. Download the Pokemon save editor:
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Open your new converted save file (the one you made in step 3) with it, and when you are done cheating your ass off, click save. Now take the new save file you just cheated with, and put it in your NO$GBA save folder. Now name it the same name of your original pokemon save, so that NO$GBA will load it when you play the game. That's all. Now I shall enjoy my 99 of every TM, and I had a sex change just for the hell of it.

Lastly, once you use your hacked save in NO$GBA and save, you will not be able to hack it again right away. Once you have used your hacked save in NO$GBA and saved, you must use the NO$GBA>VBA converter, then hack.

(From http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba/88632-how-h...tructions.html)

What you're basically doing is using the uncompressed No$GBA saves instead of the default compressed ones and then lopping off a 76byte No$GBA header so it's like a normal NDS save.

This is the link to the No$GBA save converter.

Uhm.. I did save the new file made from PokeSav and named it with the same name of my original poke save but when I started the game it started all over again. Did I miss out on something?

Stythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I jst got PokeSav and i want to know one thing, how i do i get the pokemon i edited to obey me without all eight badges, this is on the HG/SS V0.03 Version, i edited the save file and now the pokemon wont obey me, help me please.

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's basically what I said.. 'cept I went into the configuration file and changed it to Raw.

Damn... that's been known... almost thought I was the first to that. Pfft. I must be in dreamland.
To get your Pokemon to obey you, you need to set yourself as the OT.

And Shanepaw, after doing the Pokesav/Nogba fix above, did you open your save game, edit what you wanted, and click SAVE AS?
Save OVER the original file, not make the .sav and rename it. I don't see how that happened unless you messed up.

CeleXo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to Project Pokémon, they have the official HGSS Pokesav translation.
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: food?