Fan ported games for Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rexvillo, Oct 7, 2012.

Oct 7, 2012

Fan ported games for Wii? by Rexvillo at 9:48 PM (1,832 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Rexvillo
    OP

Newcomer Rexvillo Newbie

Brazil
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to know if there are any fan ported games for Wii, because I searched all around google and didn't find anything.

2. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    the wii has everything already, what more could you want?
    i don't know of any fan ported games for wii either. oh wait, there was one that was ported to english from japaneese, but I forgot the name of it.

3. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Does Doom count?

4. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Homebrew wise there's Doom, Wolfeinstein 3D, Quake, ScummVM (Loom, etc... ) and DosBox for PC games. Don't know what else you really mean, I hope you're not expecting like Assassins Creed or something.

5. Rexvillo
    OP

Newcomer Rexvillo Newbie

Brazil
    No, I was thinking about old pc games like Doom, or even PS2 games, sorry for not specify it. And about the wii having everything already, I was looking for more RPG games, because the Wii are not the best in this genre, of course it have Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, some Final Fantasy titles, but the overall is not the best, so I tried to search for some fan ported RPG for the console.

Well I said that because I have been reading some reviews before getting the games, so if any of you have played one of the RPGs that have been classified as an bad game and you liked it, please I would be glad to know.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    As far as PS2 games and such... you need to realize that in order to port something, you need to have the source code (and resources) for it.

Quake 2, for example, has the source available. Most PS2 games, however, do not.

7. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    this thread should help with what youre loooking for

http://gbatemp.net/t...s-of-old-games/

8. Rexvillo
    OP

Newcomer Rexvillo Newbie

Brazil
    Thank you Rydian for explaining why I can't find PS2 fan ported games, and thank you gloweyjoey for showing me this thread

1 person likes this.
  9. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    You're best bet for ps2 games is ones that were also on gamecube - in other words, not ps2 exclusive games. That's never going to happen like Rydian said.

If you are a fan of old rpgs, DOSBox plays some of the Ultimas, and of course there's a lot of old console ones you can play via emulators. If you want modern RPGs though, you are out of luck.

10. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    why has noone suggested a SNES emulator yet?? some of the best rpgs ever on that console....