Hardware fan not spinning, and touch in RCM mode half working

tnt2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i recently opened my switch to replace the thermal paste but mainly to replace the rails.

i bought it used, it used to work but it was very dirty from the inside that I could tell from the heatsink, it had some guck.

anyway after reassembling the switch everything worked but the fan is not spinning, is it connected to some other part that has physical check or software? or did it break somehow?

i thought the fan would be the last thing to break.

also some weird side effect, when i go into rcm mode the middle of the screen wont work, only the top, in normal mode it works fine :/

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fan does not spin in RCM mode, but should spin normally once fully booted into the OS. If it does not start up (it is almost always on), recheck the connection, unplug it and plug it back in. It's connector is "below" the power button/volume button ribbon and requires taking off the gamecartridge slot to safely reseat.

That last part does not really make sense because entering recovery mode cannot cause that issue. The switch "screen" has a digitizer with one ribbon cable that plugs into the cartridge slot and an inner LCD screen that has seperate power/data ribbon cables.

If the the touchscreen does not work, reseat the digitizer cable. If the screen is not coming on at all, reseat the power connector the lcd, or if it comes on but does not display correctly sometimes, then reset the lcd data cable.

tnt2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi thanks for your reply, the fan turned on after some time, it got me worried, turns out the left side of the screen doesnt work anymore, i think i damaged the ribbon, only the 10% left side of the screen, i used test device>touch screen from system setting, ill check ribbon again and let you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night