Famitsu Scans: Ghost Trick, Medabots DS, Persona 3 and More!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new DS game for 2010: Ghost Trick by Capcom. Interesting to note, the producer is Hironobu Takeshita who produced Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure for Wii and the director is Shu Takum, who directs the Ace Attorney series so this game should be a good one.
06038_GTA_122_259lo.jpg

06040_GTB_122_41lo.jpg

Medabots DS
06576_M1_122_522lo.jpg

06578_M2_122_40lo.jpg
Some of us may remember Medabots, an old hit anime from early 2000. Well it looks like they are bringing it back with a new game for the Nintendo DS. (and probably an anime series soon) It looks like it takes place some time after the original series...with a new look. (Which I'm not liking.)

Persona 3 Portable
11427_P3PA_122_147lo.jpg

11429_P3PB_122_737lo.jpg
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad (S.E.E.S) and the battle system get the focus in the latest Weekly Famitsu report of Persona 3 Portable. I'll go into more detail later.

.hack//Link
04327_hack_122_949lo.jpg
It was thought to be a fake but this confirms it. No details on this game yet. Will update when more info comes.

Tales of Graces
06201_TOG_122_462lo.jpg

07602_2_122_532lo.jpg

07604_3_122_417lo.jpg

07605_4_122_1lo.jpg
The scans introduce two new characters to Asbel's team: Pascal, a 22 year old woman genius technician Asbel meets along the course of his journey. She has problems reading the atmosphere in situations and doesn't really choose her words that come out of her mouth. The other character is Malik Caesars. He is Asbel's honored and excellent instructor from the knights' school. He is an adult man who can be both somewhat frank and in composure. His weapons are boomerang-shaped blade. Asbel looks up to Malik as his "ideal self".

News Source: WiiEveryDay

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
.hack//link interests me but I need more information, also, Pascal looks anorexic and a bit too young for her age.
Pascal doesn't even look 22, she looks like she is in her teens. That's one thing I don't like about Tales artwork: no matter how old they look they still look young, like lolicons. (The females anyway.)

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...medabots? wow that brings back memories!

but wtf! I hate the new look! The old style was awesome!!!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omfg. Medabots???? I lovedddd the game for GBA (Medabots AX Metabee/Rokusho version not the RPG). It was basically a Jump Ultimate Stars on GBA. Those bring back so much memory. I'd totally look forward to the new one.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some gameplay screens and some artwork for the game. I am not liking the new art style. Seems Metabee and Rokusho make a return with new looks. And yes, its the same Metabee that Ikki owned (you can see in one of the screenshots)

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/...903_312609.html

I'm honestly thinking its the same cast with a different art style cause some of the characters look familiar.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
edit: hmm, looks like a remake of the old medabot on gba, other than different style :| not quite if i like the new style or not, but what the heck, its medabots
biggrin.gif
Hmm,if that's the case, i wonder if rom hackers could just take the script from the gba games and insert them into this?

hurray, medabots are back, i was wondering when will they return to ds or something. and oO, is that a .hack for DS? that would sound pretty cool.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm Medabots surely rings a bell...
Is it that game where you build your own robot from parts and battle other people?
If so, a DS would be totally awesome!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Hmm Medabots surely rings a bell...
Is it that game where you build your own robot from parts and battle other people?
If so, a DS would be totally awesome!
Yeah its that game. I enjoyed that game and still have it till this very day, it got majorly addicting to me so if this game is anything like that, I'm going to get it.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
ZeroEXE93 said:
It's nice that a new Metabots game is coming out but the new character designs look horrible.
That IS true. That kid looks like a anorexic or something.
I think its supposed to be a new design for Ikki...the main protagonist from the original Medabots but I'm not sure.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also have a noted history with medabots (RPG not AX and it used to be a reason drag myself out of bed to watch it every morning regardless how late I went in).

I will however mention there were two GBA RPGs that never saw Western releases and several GB and GBC games. They also have radically different art styles:

Shingata medarot (compared to the RPG the US saw think differences between pokemon red and blue but with a different art style):
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/db...ses.php?id=1823
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/db...ses.php?id=1824

Medarot Navi:
This is more a shonen version of medabots/medarot.
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/db...ses.php?id=0100
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/db...ses.php?id=0101

This is closer in art style to the screens posted I would argue although the GB/GBC releases were ever closer.

All I hope is that they use the potential amount of pieces to make some interesting opponents (a couple of hundred pieces means hundreds of thousands of potential bots- games seemingly had about 50 in all ignoring the ones the player builds).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly