Family Guy or Simpsons?

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my bro and I were having an argument over which was better; he said simpsons was better cause it was clever instead of stupid (past eps) and I say family guy cause its stupid funny and hasnt gone as downhill as the simpsons did. Which do you people think is best?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Family Guy more mature?...REALLY??? The Simpsons when they had good writers was golden, it's been a while. Family Guy has the best randomness and references especially now. The Simpsons needs to die.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warning!: prepare for rant! :teach:
Family Guy is grossly overrated, terribly written, and has jokes that only pertain to white young adults. A typical Family Guy episode has a loose plot with jokes that never have anything to do with the events taking place in the story, and are usually interchangeable. The characters rarely maintain any substance which make them seem like they aren't real. The Animation is poorly done, except the recent episodes are improving on this. John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy, also criticized the animation style of family guy (http://www.cartoonbrew.com/archives/2004_08.html). Family Guy steals a lot of The Simpson's jokes and plot elements (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6J04V4iZrRE).
Although The Simpsons are one of my favorite TV families on air right now, I have noticed a decline in recent episodes. I think that seasons three through eight were when the series was at its peak and I hope the series can get back to that status. Family Guy seems like another unoriginal dysfunctional TV family that The Simpsons so easily spawned from its intricate charac

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I love Family Guy, but I gotta say Simpsons.

Simpsons is the original.
To me, its like trying to compare today's rock with classic rock.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
family guy is better if you like jokes that dont derive from the plotline at all (or humor that has no depth),
its pretty much just corny not well thought out sloppily done punchlines that are in forms of flashbacks.

kinda gay if ya ask me

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SIMPSONS DID IT!!!

Yeah, simpsons is getting kinda old (IMO)... Family guy has become my new simpsons
biggrin.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've seen just about every Simpson episode, but I'm gonna have to go with Family Guy. Simpsons just has a corny / family feel to it nowadays :\

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
With me it's kind of weird.

When I was growing up, I loved The Simpsons. When I was about 14, I saw Family guy, and immediately I was hooked.

So just recently I finished watching season 6 Family guy, and thought to my self, "Wow, this is actually kind of lame." I mean, theres a friggin' chicken fight that goes for 7 minutes.

So now I'm back to being a Simpson's Fan. They are the originals and they are the best. IMO they still have comical talent, and still make me LOL. Which is what matters most.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old Simpsons beats any Family Guy, any Family Guy beats new Simpsons, American Dad beats any Family Guy, any South Park beats all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm