gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the right section, but her it is. My friend is having problems with backing up Animal Crossing. He tried CFG and Wiiflow, and both fail. So then I told him to try and extract the files on WiiXplorer then compress them into an iso, but it gets stuck on famicom.arc every time. So then we tried to extract the files in the arc, but BrawlBox does not support putting szs files into arc files. What do I do to fix this?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the disc might be scratched maybe? It's a very small game and it should be rippable with any loader or CleanRip.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Exact quote: when I load the game normally on the Wii it works ok and no crashes at all, but when it comes to the rip it doesn't work entirely or completely right.

Last edited by banjo2,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Exact quote: when I load the game normally on the Wii it works ok and no crashes at all, but when it comes to the rip it doesn't work entirely or completely right.

That doesn't mean the disc isn't scratched. "famicom.arc" contains the NES games so unless you're playing one of those the console probably isn't accessing the file.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buff the disc or get another one, I guess. You should be able to dump any GC or Wii disc without building anything as long as the disc can be read.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey its me banjo's friend. Sorry that I can't type to you with my own account GBATemp is giving me problems making a account
Anyway so about the famicom.arc What I did was copy all the files on the disk and saved them onto my USB I ignored famicom.arc because that file seems to have the NES games and it was not downloading it properly
It doesn't matter I mean if we can't get famicom to download then that's alright.
So now I have the files on my PC now I looked through a ton of videos on YouTube to find a tutorial on how to make a ISO with the extracted files I had
None of them even worked :/
So I wanted to ask you what program should I use to make the ISO with the files I have.
Also can you link me to a video tutorial to the program you recommend thanks.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My friend's decided to go ahead and download it as you're saying but he doesn't want to use a well-known site like that one, though he still doesn't like it. I also had a similar problem recently when ripping Lego Star Wars II.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ