Fake wii Shop?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dnmn8r, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008

Fake wii Shop? by dnmn8r at 12:13 PM (2,697 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. dnmn8r
    OP

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Is it possible to somehow redirects the Wii's request to enter shop channel to a local site?
    i.e. Have an http page setup in place where you can download channels from files on your computer?
    I know people are going to say, "why don't you just get a wad", But this would work without having to do any sort of modding to your wii.
    You would "trick" the wii into thinking that its going to the wiishop channel, but it's actually going to your computer and browsing your backed up channels?

/suggestion(that probably made no sense)

2. elfsander

Member elfsander GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    There was once a way to use the Wii shop as a webbrowser, but you can't fake it so that the Wii thinks that you have official games backed up onto your computer. Since those are still fake signed (official downloads have official signatures) and even IF you may trick your Wii in thinking that your computer is the shop channel, your wads are still fake signed. And will not install, and might brick your wii.

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    It's a good "pirate" idea to be honest, would be orite having a channel like "homebrew browser" not disrespecting Teknecal at all I'm just saying a server like that, where you can download wads, direct to your SD Card, and then install from there, or would of you liked it to install wads over the server? hmmm interesting ideas

4. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    I bet after BootMii and cSM make an entrance to the scene...this could very well be a great possibility... our own hacked WiiShop Channel server...free tickets for everyone/unlimited points... Arrrrrr!

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    *does the Tim Allen Home Improvement grunt*

Sounds like a neat idea.

Having unlimited points would make everything complete.

Well, half complete. All we need now is a way to play 360 games.

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Sarcasm kicked in already, the only thing i can see is a "server" similar to HOMEBREW BROWSER
    which alloys you to select/download to SD your Selected Wads/ VC/Wiiware/Custom Channels etc......

No taking the (piss) with free points, nor playing PS3 or 360 games, agreed?

7. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] I was discussing this on another forum yesterday for emulators with roms
    This would hit the homebrew scene hard tho so maybe its just better left as an idea

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    Having the way of Downloading to SD all wads that (you know where to get from) wouldnt hurt, be the same as downloading off your lappy/PC
    Downloading ROMS is a different story, fake wii points, .....

9. IronMask

United States
    Yet, I am sure it is possible for a fake shop channel...think about... We are already playing pirated games online with crack servers... so what would be the difference? You would actually not need any points.. you just go to the Wiishop Channel that gets redirected by the modified WiiShop channel the coder edits to go to the free nintendo server instead for the genuine.

Although...this is all in theory... but I think it is tangible. Especially after BootMii and cSM comes out like I said... You will be able to have more control over the Wii system... so the sky is the limit, right!? [​IMG]

10. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if this IS accomplished. it should be converted to dol form. seeing as how most of us will be autobooting into the homebrew channel. oooooo....i cant wait. [​IMG]

11. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    hmm i think i was misunderstood.
    I didn't mean that you would modify the shop channel (although that would also work pretty good [but my intention is to allow this on an un-modded wii]) I meant that say when you access the shop channel the wii goes to "http://shop.nintendo.download/index/144cg328ad" you have something like WAMP installed, that makes that a local site, your wii goes to that instead.

12. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Wii speaks ssl with the wii shop server.. that transmission yet is not uncovered... so in current setup since you will not have the private ssl key of the wii shop server you can't write a program to act like wii shop server... but of course like suggested a complete server and client can be built to serve homebrew channels... those will be fakesigned of course...

Nice(?) commercial idea for pirates [​IMG]

13. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think I understand what you mean, I remember that once(I think before Opera) someone got the Shop Channel to go to Google.

14. IronMask

United States
    Hey anything is possible with the talent out there that wants to "corrupt" the system with piracy. Where do I sign the hell up?! [​IMG]

15. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    i remember that,
    so couldn't the same thing be done?
    What's with the fake signing thing, can someone explain?

16. oneleggedjack

Member oneleggedjack GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So your idea is like the Homebrew Browser, but instead of downloading app files just download wads straight to the wad folder, and have a setup similar to the Shop Channel? This is a good idea, but it couldn't have VC or Wiiware titles, you would have to stick to Backup Loaders Emulators and Homebrew type apps. It would be nice to have a list of custom backup loaders, like autoboot, force NTSC etc.. keep up the brainstorming, and you might want to think of a way to put the wad manager into it so it's just as simple as the Shopping Channel. Great idea, hope it becomes a reality.

17. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Like Homebrew Browser would suite me fine I prefer that over the shop channel.
    What about an integrated Wadmanager so you brows through WADs and check the ones you want then when you exit Wadmanager kicks in and installs them it would be nice to have the install features the Homebrew Browser has and rather than mess around with region free wads have E U J browsers with region specific servers and free icecream is a must the wants are endless [​IMG]

Would a hack channel be possible like the Nintendo channel but with things like video tutorials and a Scene news channel that would be cool.

18. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'd like an ATM Channel that allows me to withdraw money using the Wii. Then I can take the money out of the Wii and go spend it on booze and hookers.

In fact, forget the Wii and the ATM Channel!

19. JumpMan3

Member JumpMan3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if anything I think the psp would get a hacked store before the wii.

20. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    no, it's not like the homebrew browser. Well it's similar, except you don't install anything on your wii to access it.
    You would re-route the shop channels request to the Nintendo servers to a local one. From there you would just install stuff from your computer onto the wii. I would try it myself, but my wii is currently getting repaired..