Fake PSP battery from ebay

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cityson, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cityson
    OP

cityson GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2003
    Hong Kong
    i have a problem with this fake psp battery from ebay. i bought it cause it's about $11 CND included shipping. and i pandorized my original battery.

even when the battery info. saids 100%, the orange light still on, meaning the PSP continues to charge the battery. The battery life is around 1.5-2hr with lowest brightness and wifi off. lol.

i just want to know if anyone else has the same problem. and is it safe to overcharge?

2. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    Thank god I can still use my original Sony battery after modding with it. Wouldn't want to deal with this issue myself.

3. amptor

amptor Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2003
    United States
    sounds like you got a very bad knockoff.. my bootleg dealextreme battery charges until full and then the light turns off, it gets 1.5 hours less than a real battery.

4. cityson
    OP

cityson GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2003
    Hong Kong
    yeah. I'm gonna use this until i get an official battery soon. if anyone has this battery, let me know if it's safe to use. and hopefully people don't buy this at ebay.

5. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Yeah, it would have been smarter buying at a store. I gotten screwed like that on CD's from eBay.

6. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Hum. It would be better to pandorize this battery and return your original one to normal [​IMG]