Hardware Fake Pro controller

El_Deniel25

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello I have a problem when updating my controller, the controller does not go into "update mode" when I press the HOME + X + Y buttons and nothing happens, the light stays as if you connect the controller normally to the pc, please I need help.
I tried with the other update pressing the L3 button before to connect in the pc and theres no lights in the controller when its connected but the "Update Firmware" stays off and I can't clikc on it,

My controller are the "Fake Pro controller" I have one Smash version and one normal black version, but both are "Fake" or "Clone" version, I hope your answer, thanks :cry:

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello I have a problem when updating my controller, the controller does not go into "update mode" when I press the HOME + X + Y buttons and nothing happens, the light stays as if you connect the controller normally to the pc, please I need help.
I tried with the other update pressing the L3 button before to connect in the pc and theres no lights in the controller when its connected but the "Update Firmware" stays off and I can't clikc on it,

My controller are the "Fake Pro controller" I have one Smash version and one normal black version, but both are "Fake" or "Clone" version, I hope your answer, thanks :cry:

What do you mean exactly with update mode? I've never heard about this. When you want to update an official controller you have to simply connect it to the console (wired or wireless) and go to the update menu in the console settings, as far as I know, you don't need to press any combination of buttons.
But most important, why do you need to update the firmware?. Fake controllers are not supposed to be prepared to do it, even licensed Power A controllers cannot be updated via console, doing it on a fake controller is very risky considering that Nintendo recently tried to make useless a great part of the fake controller market with their lastest console firmware version. If your controller works as it should, you better don't try anything unnecesary.

El_Deniel25

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What do you mean exactly with update mode? I've never heard about this. When you want to update an official controller you have to simply connect it to the console (wired or wireless) and go to the update menu in the console settings, as far as I know, you don't need to press any combination of buttons.
But most important, why do you need to update the firmware?. Fake controllers are not supposed to be prepared to do it, even licensed Power A controllers cannot be updated via console, doing it on a fake controller is very risky considering that Nintendo recently tried to make useless a great part of the fake controller market with their lastest console firmware version. If your controller works as it should, you better don't try anything unnecesary.

I was referring to "update mode" pressing the HOME + X + Y buttons or pressing vertically the left stick because that what the roxas10 user wrote before, which is to update the controller and thus, the console would recognize it to be able to play.

this is a photo of my control that I mean :sad:
upload_2021-8-22_23-28-0.png

Last edited by El_Deniel25,

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was referring to "update mode" pressing the HOME + X + Y buttons or pressing vertically the left stick because that what the roxas10 user wrote before, which is to update the controller and thus, the console would recognize it to be able to play.

View attachment 273788

I know, but roxas10 study was all about their controllers, that were branded (Beboncool). This controllers have support of their companies, as I said previously, PowerA who is licensed by Nintendo or 8bitdo have also support for their controllers because they fabricated and prepared them to be updated if necesary. You cannot simply use other companies upgrade tools on your controller. It's like trying to connect a ps4 controller directly to the switch, inside they are different, they are made for different companies even if the way of communicate with the console is the same.
In our case, I'm not totally sure but seems that they are made by chinese companies that only focus on creating controllers that works as needed in order to sell good at low price, they don't seem to invest in creating a hardware capable to be updated. I searched a lot on Aliexpress product specifications of many of this fakes searching for any more info, even asked the sellers about their product, all pointed to this idea and sellers are just distributors.

Your controller is just like ours, what's wrong with it? Why do you want to update it?

roxas10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

View attachment 273788
Hi, There are a lot of firmwares on the beboncool page. Maybe with the ver2 of the same controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know, but roxas10 study was all about their controllers, that were branded (Beboncool). This controllers have support of their companies, as I said previously, PowerA who is licensed by Nintendo or 8bitdo have also support for their controllers because they fabricated and prepared them to be updated if necesary. You cannot simply use other companies upgrade tools on your controller. It's like trying to connect a ps4 controller directly to the switch, inside they are different, they are made for different companies even if the way of communicate with the console is the same.
In our case, I'm not totally sure but seems that they are made by chinese companies that only focus on creating controllers that works as needed in order to sell good at low price, they don't seem to invest in creating a hardware capable to be updated. I searched a lot on Aliexpress product specifications of many of this fakes searching for any more info, even asked the sellers about their product, all pointed to this idea and sellers are just distributors.

Your controller is just like ours, what's wrong with it? Why do you want to update it?
My controller is OEM, not Beboncool.
I have 2, one black, and one splatoon 2 edition.

I made this video, it's in spanish, but you can see my controllers there.

What I think it happens is that most of those chinese controllers use the same microcontroller to work.
For example, with ps3 chinese controllers, all use a microcontroller made by Shanwan.

In my case, my two pro controllers use the same microcontroller as the beboncool controllers, and thats why I could update them.

I bought those controllers like 3 or 4 months ago, maybe they are changing the microcontroller with other one.

I hope I can help with anything.

Last edited by roxas10,
Reactions: Irius

Irius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, There are a lot of firmwares on the beboncool page. Maybe with the ver2 of the same controller.

My controller is OEM, not Beboncool.
I have 2, one black, and one splatoon 2 edition.

I made this video, it's in spanish, but you can see my controllers there.

What I think it happens is that most of those chinese controllers use the same microcontroller to work.
For example, with ps3 chinese controllers, all use a microcontroller made by Shanwan.

In my case, my two pro controllers use the same microcontroller as the beboncool controllers, and thats why I could update them.

I bought those controllers like 3 or 4 months ago, maybe they are changing the microcontroller with other one.

I hope I can help with anything.

That's really interesting. I considered the posibility that many different controllers can share same parts in the hardware but never though that they would be compatible in that way of using so nice the software developed for others. What you did was really risky, I'm glad everything went well, I read about people who totally left useless their controller using a software made for hardware testing and some software editing as they were using fake controllers so they broke them.
Even if they update the hardware from time to time as we have seen in this thread, some of the parts still remain the same between revisions.
It would be nice if you can share the hardware of your controller, so people can compare it with theirs in the future.There are different versions of the same motherboard in this thread (Those controllers do not include Wake Up function or NFC). I shared one of mine that included this functions. I recently bought another NFC version for my brother (from different seller 2 years time between ) that I wouldn't mind to disarm if someone wants to see if it have any difference between the previous I posted.

roxas10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's really interesting. I considered the posibility that many different controllers can share same parts in the hardware but never though that they would be compatible in that way of using so nice the software developed for others. What you did was really risky, I'm glad everything went well, I read about people who totally left useless their controller using a software made for hardware testing and some software editing as they were using fake controllers so they broke them.
Even if they update the hardware from time to time as we have seen in this thread, some of the parts still remain the same between revisions.
It would be nice if you can share the hardware of your controller, so people can compare it with theirs in the future.There are different versions of the same motherboard in this thread (Those controllers do not include Wake Up function or NFC). I shared one of mine that included this functions. I recently bought another NFC version for my brother (from different seller 2 years time between ) that I wouldn't mind to disarm if someone wants to see if it have any difference between the previous I posted.
Awesome, I will do that later today, so that anyone can see what board it is.
Most of the microcontrollers use the same pinout to the buttons and analog, as I know, so I think that the firmware works because of that.

In 1 case, I tried other firmware, and the controller started to do weird things, so I reflashed the beboncool again, and worked great.

Some controllers of that page also update if you connect the controller pressing the left analog stick, but I don't know if those controllers can be updated within its OEM form.

IMG_20210826_121015.jpg
IMG_20210826_120953.jpg

As you can see, they erased the chip, so that no one knows which it is.
If someone has the beboncool one, and teardown it, maybe we can see what exact microchip it is.

Last edited by roxas10,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how we can find cheaper controllers but they're better quality than nintendonts official controllers.

i got sick of having to replace my joycon analogue sticks or joycons completely....... i guess nintendont got its name right, they take the joy in conning its customers with cheap shit at an expensive price tag.

anyways, i purchased the HORI joycons and found them far superior to the crap nintendont crap out, it feels more like a controller, has better buttons and analogue sticks and they've done something nintendont never thought of (yes yet again, nintendo do something, others do a better job at), it actually has support when attached to the tablet making it fit more securely and not wobble

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The latest update (12.0.3) seems to have broken both of my fake pro controllers in a way.
They would connect fine even in this version but after I unpaired them they are unable to be paired again on any switch I tested with latest FW.
They both work fine on my other switch that is on older (C)FW.
I tested them however on mine and a friend's switch running latest FW and they cannot be paired at all, one of them turns off and the other just stays in pairing mode.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Try it (if you dare, you might not be able to pair ever again it if you unpair it) and let me know if possible. Also do you think looking into updating their firmware (somehow) would be an option?
And are they working now?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G991B mit Tapatalk

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
does it support firmware upgrade? If it doesnt I would stay the hell away from them as nintendo later might block the controller and if we can't upgrade the firmware we might not be able to use it anymore...

Anyway I'm waiting for more racing games to come out and it might come out a version with real triggers for the racing games like V-rally 4, Gear Club and others in the future, I want god damn triggers.
That will never happen. If they decide to block this controller with a controller firmware update, the outdated official controls that contain the same internal firmware that this replica uses would also be obsolete.

roxas10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Lol drift problems should not be on the Pro controller (original and clones) .
They have fully other analog sticks then a joycon.
They have analog sticks like All big Consoles

That hint is useless
All analog sticks can drift, sometimes the potenciometers can wear off or get dirty, and they can give false values.
It happens on xbox one controllers, playstation,Switch pro controllers, etc...

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All analog sticks can drift, sometimes the potenciometers can wear off or get dirty, and they can give false values.
It happens on xbox one controllers, playstation,Switch pro controllers, etc...
Yeah they can but yocon and the other analog sticks have a different build.
Yes they use Potis but in a full different way.

They work different and the foil of the joycon is the weak point.
It get use and scrap the conductive Material off.
That is a problem that not really happens on the analog stick design

I have only 1 time needed to replace the ps4 analog sticks and that is years ago.
But they joycon sticks are replace twice on my Release switch.
On All other of my console I not need any replace of the analog sticks.
But the joycon is the problem

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So I bought one after seeing this thread and finally got it.
It's very obviously fake in person, the colors are wrong, the logos are missing, and the plastic is much lower quality with sharper edges and more creaking. The Analog sticks especially aren't even close, they're loose, the plastic grinds together, and they look as if they've been used for years. The Dpad is way stiffer than the original, the shoulder buttons are weirdly creaky and cheap feeling, but the face buttons are actually pretty alright.

But all that aside, it actually does work just fine. All the buttons work, the gyro works, it's detected as a pro controller, so cheapness aside it is a fully functional controller.
So I guess if you wanna pay half price for cheap plastic then sure, it's decent.
Well it sounds like it's good for a cheap board replacement in a real controller, if nothing else then. Good to know.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, do you recommend buying these PRO clone controllers?
do they work for a long time or break easy?
I like mine, it doesn't have HD Rumble just normal Rumble and no NFC but feels close to an official controller imo..
Had mine well over a year.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mmh my working since 2019. Only 1 has now a defect charge system and dont charge the battery.
But build is really good on these 4 that I have.

joshvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi everyone, i was seeing some people wanted to upgrade the firmware, or connect the controller via bluetooth.
I was looking a lot of cheap controllers for the switch, I saw the Tom Nook one, panda, etc...
What I was most aware of was that those controllers have the same problem as some OEM from aliexpress, that the analog stick is registering full way before it was.
I also couldn't connect it via bluetooth to pc, or android, even i saw some tutorials on youtube, that when you press Home+A started blinking and connecting to mobile phone.

I found a little solution.
My controller is an No NFC and No Home WakeUp OEM/Fake.
In my case, when I connect my controller to a pc, and press Home + X + Y the controller sets to firmware update mode.

(I can't insert links cause my account is new)

I flashed 2 diferent firmwares, if you wanna try:
This one is from the same company as Tom Nook one
View attachment 267686

And this one is from another cheapo controllers.
View attachment 267687

The insten one haves the option to reset the controller pressing the sync button.That's the one I'm using.

If you find a way to change colors, calibrate analogs with that firmwares, etc.. would be awesome if you share it.

If you find other firmware without the shitty analog "deadzone", I would love to try it.

Those 2 firmwares works this way.
To select a mode, press the sync button first, and then press:

Home+Y to select a mode that I don't know what it does. (I see that bluetooth detects it as a Wireless Controller, Maybe PS4 Mode? I will try it later)
Home+X to select Nintendo Switch Pairing mode.
Home+A to select Android and PC HID mode.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you harm your controller in any way, this is just a experiment I did, and worked for me. I didn't tried it yet on a switch, I use the controller normally with an adapter from JYS to use it for Nintendont, HIDtoVPad, because I don't own a Switch yet.

If some of this doesn't work, try to connect your controller while pressing Right or Left Joystick, there are some controllers that update that way.

In case you want to try other firmwares from beboncool:
View attachment 267688

In this page there are more controllers to try.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this thread, I bought this controller thanks to what you all said.
DUDE! This worked for me. Thanks a lot!

I randomly stumbled upon this searching for a way to connect my controller to PC via Bluetooth. I created an account just to confirm this works and to thank you!

I'm using a fake black pro controller which I bought last year for around $15 to $18 (in my country via online shop). I compared our controller's PCBs and was able to see that they were very similar. (I did solder work on the joystick sensors before to improve joystick accuracy by replacing them with new ones. )

As for what I did, I connected the controller via USB to PC, pressed and held the HOME+X+Y buttons until the lights turn off (I think around 3 seconds) which would also cause Windows to give off a disconnect sound. Downloaded the firmware update program from Insten to upgrade the firmware.

Once you start the exe file, the program should be able to detect the controller and say ONLINE. I pressed Update Firmware and voila, it's done!

To connect, I pressed both HOME+A buttons for a few seconds until the lights start blinking fast to put it in Bluetooth pairing mode. After connecting, it now detects the controller as Generic Controller! I also tested this with my Nintendo Switch by turning off the controller via Sync button and then holding the HOME+X buttons until paired. Once paired, the pairing won't be lost even after switching to other devices (like PC) unless you pair it with another Switch.

Just to document my experience, I am able to switch (hehe) from PC to Nintendo Switch by pressing Sync button to turn off controller then pressing HOME+X buttons. No need to hold unless pairing with new device. However, I can't do Nintendo Switch to PC seamlessly for some reason since I need to re-pair my controller again to PC Bluetooth in order for it to be used again. I think this is more of an issue with Bluetooth rather than with the controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)