Hardware Fake Pro controller

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, sound really good. If it's wireless and can't really bet that build quality is going to be that bad...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like how it's obviously fake and not being tried to pass off as real, if the fake wii u pro controllers are anything to go on it's a very very close clone but wont last as long and could have issues with sleep mode.

Reactions: x65943
D

Deleted User

So I bought one after seeing this thread and finally got it.
It's very obviously fake in person, the colors are wrong, the logos are missing, and the plastic is much lower quality with sharper edges and more creaking. The Analog sticks especially aren't even close, they're loose, the plastic grinds together, and they look as if they've been used for years. The Dpad is way stiffer than the original, the shoulder buttons are weirdly creaky and cheap feeling, but the face buttons are actually pretty alright.

But all that aside, it actually does work just fine. All the buttons work, the gyro works, it's detected as a pro controller, so cheapness aside it is a fully functional controller.
So I guess if you wanna pay half price for cheap plastic then sure, it's decent.

Attachments

• 20180510_162121.jpg
    20180510_162121.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,082
  • 20180510_161835.jpg
    20180510_161835.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 912
  • 20180510_161544.jpg
    20180510_161544.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,393
  • 20180510_161511.jpg
    20180510_161511.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 792
  • 20180510_161451.jpg
    20180510_161451.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 845
Last edited by ,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be careful with fake controllers. Even though i really like cheap fake controllers i've had quite some trouble with fake wii u controllers.
I tried to get them to work with some games (i think gamecube with nintendon't) and they reset my console. Original controllers worked without any problem. Might be because of nintendont though.

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be careful with fake controllers. Even though i really like cheap fake controllers i've had quite some trouble with fake wii u controllers.
I tried to get them to work with some games (i think gamecube with nintendon't) and they reset my console. Original controllers worked without any problem. Might be because of nintendont though.
Nintendon't simply doesn't support all of the 3rd party ones, which is stated on the page. Only a few.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's very obviously fake in person, the colors are wrong, the logos are missing, and the plastic is much lower quality with sharper edges and more creaking. The Analog sticks especially aren't even close, they're loose, the plastic grinds together, and they look as if they've been used for years. The Dpad is way stiffer than the original, the shoulder buttons are weirdly creaky and cheap feeling, but the face buttons are actually pretty alright.

But all that aside, it actually does work just fine. All the buttons work, the gyro works, it's detected as a pro controller, so cheapness aside it is a fully functional controller.
So I guess if you wanna pay half price for cheap plastic then sure, it's decent.
Try opening it up and compare the insides for a youtube vid. then review it xd

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Doesn't sound awful, but the sticks tend to break very quickly on cheap controllers. If the sticks will last for more than a few weeks/months of heavy use then it might be worth it.
I wonder if NFC works.
Did you try rumble? Does it have HD rumble or just regular rumble motors? Should be easy to tell the difference from the sound/feel.

D

Deleted User

Doesn't sound awful, but the sticks tend to break very quickly on cheap controllers. If the sticks will last for more than a few weeks/months of heavy use then it might be worth it.
I wonder if NFC works.
Did you try rumble? Does it have HD rumble or just regular rumble motors? Should be easy to tell the difference from the sound/feel.
I forgot NFC was even a thing. And It does rumble, I haven't opened it so I can't say for sure, but it sounds more like regular motors.

Reactions: x65943 and Trylk248

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder if NFC works.
The reason sticks tend to break easily on chinese knockoffs are mostly because the sticks are not smeared.(if thats the correct word for it)
They grind against plastic and so it loses its sturdiness.
You can solve it by opening the controller and pushing some wax in there, it'll solve the issue and lets you play with it for years to come.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

In a case if you own PowerA controller, If you compare them what do you think?

D

Deleted User

In a case if you own PowerA controller, If you compare them what do you think?
Don't have a PowerA. Looking at them I'd assume their plastic is higher quality, but this one is also wireless for a similar price.

D

Deleted User

Alright so I decided to do a basic teardown of it

Grip covers have screws holding them on, just like the real controller
20180511_164105.jpg
Back pops off after 4 more screws, again, just like a real one
20180511_164235.jpg
Battery looks kinda legit? Probably not.
20180511_164240.jpg
Very boring underneath
20180511_164250.jpg
Gotta love those original Nintendo brand woodscrews
20180511_164416.jpg
Looking pretty accurate inside so far
20180511_164441.jpg
Wait what
20180511_164608.jpg
No HD rumble here
20180511_164459.jpg
...just Xbone impulse motors shoved into the HD rumble mold
20180511_164520.jpg
The most bizarre analog sticks I've ever seen. About the size of Xbone/PS4, but with a super thin pole
20180511_164540.jpg
360 for comparison
20180511_164647.jpg
The whole middle board
20180511_164555.jpg
Aaaand I couldn't be bothered to take any more out, it's looking pretty clear that this is mostly accurate to the original, but obviously they cut a few corners.

Edit: Don't think NFC works
20180511_171822.jpg

Attachments

• 20180511_164554.jpg
    20180511_164554.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 774
Last edited by ,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it support firmware upgrade? If it doesnt I would stay the hell away from them as nintendo later might block the controller and if we can't upgrade the firmware we might not be able to use it anymore...

Anyway I'm waiting for more racing games to come out and it might come out a version with real triggers for the racing games like V-rally 4, Gear Club and others in the future, I want god damn triggers.

Last edited by guily6669,
D

Deleted User

does it support firmware upgrade? If it doesnt I would stay the hell away from them as nintendo later might block the controller and if we can't upgrade the firmware we might not be able to use it anymore...

Anyway I'm waiting for more racing games to come out and it might come out a version with real triggers for the racing games like V-rally 4, Gear Club and others in the future, I want god damn triggers.
I dunno. It'd be a fucking dick move by Nintendo to ban peoples controllers for no reason though

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they keep doing like those dongles and other devices require a FW update after some console update, same in the Sony department where they try to kill unbranded controllers, but the ones with firmware updates they keep adding compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: