Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well since i have been passing through a while in these forums xD my friend wanted to ask me somethin here ...

kk

R4DS Comments
On my friend's R4 when you look at the cartridge it has like 2 curves on both ends near the top ... then
when we took the cover off the R4 and flipped it over it had some square thing right beside where the
Micro SD Card went

Is the R4 fake or real ?

Micro SD Card
It's a 2GB Kingston Micro SD Card. Then on the back it has some sticker that says " 123456 07 SKB 08 11 12 "
Any ideas if it's fake or real ?

Thx for the help everyone

Holt !

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know the 2 curves at the top are part of the real R4, but it'd really help if you had screens. One fake version of the R4 has a cut out under the sticker.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried what both of you said ... but sadly ... i could hardly find any pics XD which didnt really help me ...

but one thing i noticed when my friend and i took the cover off the R4 we looked at the text and somethin said R6 ?

then i saw a thread about the R6 so yea ...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
I know the 2 curves at the top are part of the real R4, but it'd really help if you had screens. One fake version of the R4 has a cut out under the sticker.

? what do you mean by cut out ? confusin what you said XD but yea what you mean by cut out ? ( lol my friend is gonna give me the R4 if he finds it it's fake XD )

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
( lol my friend is gonna give me the R4 if he finds it it's fake XD )

your research is over, tell him it fake and get a free flash card
ph34r.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
genuisgeek said:
if it has two curves on the side its real a v2 R4
old R4 have a curve for the microsd

as for the microsd its just a esrial number

thx for tellin me ^^ gonna tell my friend about it ... but one thing i still don't get is what is the cut out thing " The Wingless " is tellin me about ?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The cut out thing is like a hole in the shell. If you had opened it up or taken off the sticker, there would be a hole there because there is not enough room for the chip inside. The original R4 does not have a chip sticking out. The original R4 also has curves on both sides so that is real too. It doesn't just have one curve. About the MicroSD, it probably is a serial number. Don't worry about if if you bought if from a store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)