Hacking fake Acekard 2?

Golds

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an acekard 2 from kickgaming, and when I put in the AKAIO, or the newest acekard firmware I get

"EDGE.DAT tidak menemukan!" as a message on my DS.

I am lead to believe that I received a fake card, that its actually an edge card with an acekard sticker on the front.

anyone else have this issue?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
My guess is you are probably right and it is an Edge with an Acekard 2 sticker on it. As the person above me said, try the EDGE firmware and also take a close look at pictures of both these cart and you should be able to confirm what you have.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please forward all of the information related to the purchase to [email protected]. tell them where you got it, link them to the actual page, give them the info for kickgaming, etc. this is a serious issue that team acekard will follow up on. be it a mistake or a blatent attempt to scam you.

-another world

joesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
please forward all of the information related to the purchase to [email protected]. tell them where you got it, link them to the actual page, give them the info for kickgaming, etc. this is a serious issue that team acekard will follow up on. be it a mistake or a blatent attempt to scam you.

-another world
I'm the guy with the Acekard labeled as an edge (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130607). I sent all the info to both the Acekard folks and the Edge folks. I don't know if they have read the email yet (it was sent last week) or followed up on it, but I haven't heard from them. I don't really expect to though. I just wanted them both to be aware of the problem.

If you don't want the Acekard, get in touch with Kick and I am sure they will take care of it for you.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekard is weeks behind on e-mails right now due to the chinese new year. i reported a few dstt's shipping as acekards and they took it seriously and said they would follow up on it. as costello has said, many distributers put on the stickers themselves. so errors can happen.

cheerx,
-another world

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Did the disguised EDGE card come in an already-opened package, or was it not the original packaging at all, like a mailing envelope?

If so, the reseller may have made a mix-up. Human error is never impossible!

Just contact the distributer if you want your Acekard, or if you really do like the EDGE, just keep it.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
Sharpz said:

lol, I wonder how many acekards and edges have had their stickers mixed up?

I can't see why anyone would do this on purpose. just seems like a class 1 bulls up to me

Yeah, I can't see anything to be gained from the seller in placing an Acekard sticker on an EDGE, especially since the EDGE generally costs more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi