"Failed to Launch" when loading VC/Wiiware Games From the SD Card

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I get a message saying "Failed to Launch" when loading VC/Wiiware Games From the SD Card, while they work fine if I launch them from the system. So, I watched this video (), the guy says install IOS80, but I think I already have one installed or not (it says no in the syscheck file but the multimod manager says IOS 80 is installed, everything is in yellow except for IOS 222 I believe).

So, if I do it will it brick my console?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.png
    2.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.png
    3.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 4.png
    4.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20221002_111354.jpg
    IMG_20221002_111354.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 51

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
At this point your threads are feeling like SPAM.
Please keep your questions in one general thread, it's getting confusing.

Your pics are blurry, can hardly see what you're trying to show... my eyes are seeing IOS83 instead of IOS80.
The (STUB) means that yes, it's installed but it's full of garbage data made by Nintendo in order to make it appear occupied.

To be honest it's been a long time since I last did an IOS/cIOS installation, but just patch it.
The way to do it is to download IOS80 as Wad using ModMii. Then install IOS80.wad with WadManager.

Reactions: CoolMe

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point your threads are feeling like SPAM.
Please keep your questions in one general thread, it's getting confusing.

Your pics are blurry, can hardly see what you're trying to show... my eyes are seeing IOS83 instead of IOS80.
The (STUB) means that yes, it's installed but it's full of garbage data made by Nintendo in order to make it appear occupied.

To be honest it's been a long time since I last did an IOS/cIOS installation, but just patch it.
The way to do it is to download IOS80 as Wad using ModMii. Then install IOS80.wad with WadManager.
its not gonna brick my console, right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's any different with the wii, but on the vwii, you need to patch ios80, yes, for games to run off an sd card. there's an app to do it. I don't think you're supposed to install a wad.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if it's any different with the wii, but on the vwii, you need to patch ios80, yes, for games to run off an sd card. there's an app to do it. I don't think you're supposed to install a wad.
Yes, the IOS80 needs to be patched in order to load channels from SD, and you can download that Patched IOS80 as WAD.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dude, explain to me what IOS i should use? It says the system menu is running under IOS58. I don't know why it is this way and if I should change it?
No.
You're confusing things.
IOS58 is an IOS version that Nintendo used to update the System to 4.3

If you're seeing that System Meu is running under IOS58, it just means that System Menu is version 4.3.

JUST PATCH THE DAMN IOS80... literally just... just do that.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
You're confusing things.
IOS58 is an IOS version that Nintendo used to update the System to 4.3

If you're seeing that System Meu is running under IOS58, it just means that System Menu is version 4.3.

JUST PATCH THE DAMN IOS80... literally just... just do that.
yeah, I am gonna do that but I have another problem. Recently, when I try to load the wad manager, the system freezes after I select IOS 249 (before everything was fine). Today, I tried loading any title deleter and here's what I got (see the image attached). Have no idea why is that because I didn't change anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_110130.jpg
    IMG_20221002_110130.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 37

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I am gonna do that but I have another problem. Recently, when I try to load the wad manager, the system freezes after I select IOS 249 (before everything was fine). Today, I tried loading any title deleter and here's what I got (see the image attached). Have no idea why is that because I didn't change anything.
sounds like a botched update happened. you might be able to fix this with modmii. @XFlak is the developer of it, so he can probably help you further. I'm not really sure what to do in this instance.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Then u can drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do. Or just resoftmod using modmii's main wizard, the end result will be the same. This will get your IOS249 updated as well as other things.

If u have region mismatch issues, after doing the above, run modmii's region change wizard
I'm just gonna put this here. And you still haven't done that syscheck..

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...