Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es).

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PrimordialDusknoir, Dec 6, 2018 at 1:02 AM.

1. PrimordialDusknoir
    OP

PrimordialDusknoir Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    Hey, so I recently got a bigger sd card, so I copy and pasted all the files from the old sd card to the new one. But now whenever I turn on my 3ds (while new sd card is in), it says "An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown" (This doesn't occur when I have the old sd card in, btw). From what I've found online, I'm supposed to download the most recent boot.firm for Luma, and then put it on the root of the sd card, thus overwriting the old boot.firm, but that doesn't change anything, I still get the exact same error when I turn my 3ds on. I am on Luma v8.1.1 and in the Luma configuration menu, "enable loading external FIRMS and modules" is checked.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Your SD card needs to be formatted FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size in order for the 3DS to read it. If it's bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.

For a thorough rundown on checking whether your newly purchased card is fake, updating the custom firmware on both SD card and CTRNAND, and making backups of your most important data, follow this post.

PrimordialDusknoir likes this.
  3. PrimordialDusknoir
    OP

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    Formatting my new sd card resolved the issue, thank you so much!

4. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    You might also want to update the Luma3DS FIRM on your CTRNAND since it looks like it's out of date. Instructions are on section VI of this page

5. PrimordialDusknoir
    OP

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    So when I go to section VI of that guide, I get stuck on the 6th step, bc when I press the home button, there is no "scripts" option.

6. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    You didn't copy the gm9 folder

7. PrimordialDusknoir
    OP

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United States
    Thank you for letting me know what the issue was! Luma3ds on my 3ds is now successfully updated to v9.1