President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
who here who uses facebook is getting annoyed with the fact it's starting to be like myspace
mad.gif

iHr4ch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I absolutely agree! The whole reason I liked Facebook was because it was SIMPLE and professional (ie. no annoying, emo-styled, 'creative' pages), but now, with all the useless new applications, Facebook is starting to lose its image as a simple friends' site.

I guess that's what happens. Soon, it'll be called Google Facebook.
Just wait and see.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Never got round to making one of these myspace-esque things, was facebook meant to be better or something before it came like myspace? Or is it the usual haterism of large/popular sites?

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man I was just thinking that the other day. I liked facebook because it was just a simple networking site. I hated all the top friends drama crap on myspace, and all the flashy junk on all the pages. But now facebook has all these top friends things and other application crap..

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Never got round to making one of these myspace-esque things, was facebook meant to be better or something before it came like myspace? Or is it the usual haterism of large/popular sites?

basically
it was easier to network, keep in touch with friends, etc
plus you had to be in college to previously join so you didn't have peopel trying to hook up with 14 years old on there or 16 year old girls trying to get booty calls.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
what is facebook and what is myspace?
You don't want to know, Myspace is a poorly designed, hard to use hunk of shite. Any site where you have to jump through a trail of 4 pages just to post a blog entry is beyond ridiculous.

It's a nice idea, it's just very, very badly presented. And having a section for "list your schools" is just asking for trouble.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Facebook is no where NEAR as bad as MySpace, as long as they keep it so people cant change their profile themes or anything. I've got an account on both, of the two I use Facebook more, which isn't really saying much. It was better when they limited it to College students....now that its open to everyone more seedy people have been showing up.

iHr4ch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing wrong with high school kids (well...), but I don't remember being as big a wise-ass when I was in high school.

Facebook would've been better if it stayed university-only. But then again, university students with Facebook grow up to become adults with Facebook, leaving only the high school students left out.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It used to be for college students only. Later, they expanded to high schools, then universal. I really like how you cannot change the themes also. There's no need for excessive flash-based effects, songs and videos.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

It used to be for college students only. Later, they expanded to high schools, then universal. I really like how you cannot change the themes also. There's no need for excessive flash-based effects, songs and videos.

tongue.gif
Now you -and everyone- can do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn