Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Is this the end of the internet?​

Source

QUOTE said:
If you’re currently writing us an email to tip us that Facebook is down, you can stop — we’ve gotten a few hundred of those in the past few minutes. Yes, Facebook appears to be down at the moment. I’m currently getting a DNS failure message (above), others are apparently seeing other things.

This is a problem not just because the site is down, but Facebook’s omnipresent Like button is also completely down, and so is Connect, and Platform — in other words, the entire Internet (or a good percentage of it) is feeling this pain. We’ve reached out to Facebook to see what is up. More to come.

Until then, might I suggest you view the list of things to do when Twitter is down? It applies here as well.

Update: Facebook’s Platform status page gives a little more insight:

Current Status: API Latency IssuesWe are currently experiencing latency issues with the API, and we are actively investigating. We will provide an update when either the issue is resolved or we have an ETA for resolution.

You’ll also note that they had the same issue yesterday for a few hours — and yes, there were a number of reports yesterday of Facebook’s site being down as well.

Update 2: Here’s the statement from Facebook:

We’re currently experiencing some site issues causing Facebook to be slow or unavailable for some users. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

~just to appreciate the scale of death, type in recent facebook down into google and get About 1,190,000,000 results.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping the last sentence would read, "Facebook" has been permanently shut down.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I can't wait to see what happens next.
smile.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook arbitrarily goes down once every few weeks, I don't see why this is a huge issue. The only thing that annoys me about this particular time is that I just got a new Android phone, and since it doesn't have all my old contact info I figured I could get almost everything I needed by syncing it up with facebook. Only Facebook's down, so...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think they cocked up with the recent changes, and decided to revert, ballsing the whole thing up in the process..... just tried the mobile site and it's working fine. Give it a few hours and it'll be back to normal! (though hopefully it'll have accidentally deleted the random add lasses that keep hassling me on chat lol! Must grow the balls to tell them piss off, or at least remove them as friends!)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been on and off for me today. Pretty annoying really... Oh well!

Also, people hate Facebook for lame reasons. Anyone that belongs to those haters is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?