Hardware EZV 3in1 Undetected

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
For some odd reason my DS isn't detecting the EZV 3in1 Expansion Pack+ anymore. I'm using the latest CycloDS firmware (V B.3) and both were working fine until recently (GBA ROMS were saving etc). But now, no matter how many times I remove the EZV and insert it back in, it's not being detected.

Please help.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
That depends on when the vendor got the 3in1+, it has been at least a year for the 3in1+. If the vendor is less popular, the 3in1+ might have been sitting on the shelf for a while before you got it. The only real way is to run a voltmeter on the 3in1 battery when you get it to find out if the battery is good.

Other than that I have the rules of guessing if your battery is shot in the maintance section of the first link in my sig. Rule A is varible, due to how long ago the vendor actually had it before selling it to you.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
That depends on when the vendor got the 3in1+, it has been at least a year for the 3in1+. If the vendor is less popular, the 3in1+ might have been sitting on the shelf for a while before you got it. The only real way is to run a voltmeter on the 3in1 battery when you get it to find out if the battery is good.

Other than that I have the rules of guessing if your battery is shot in the maintance section of the first link in my sig.

I just looked at the links in your sig, thanks. Some good info there. I ordered my 3in1 from Shoptemp two days ago and from what I hear, they're pretty good so hopefully the 3in1 will last.

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Games seem to be loading to PSRAM now, but it gets stuck every time I try to load to NOR (KH:Chain of Memories) at the "Flashing NOR" message.

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
A new twist: GBA games are now being loading to RAM instead of to SRAM. Once it finishes loading, the GBA screen pops up but without the nintendo logo and it just freezes after the twinkling sound fades away.

Moved to the latest stable version 1.59 from vB.3, but still no good. Some advice would be appreciated (anything besides a "dead battery")

azntiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dart91 said:
A new twist: GBA games are now being loading to RAM instead of to SRAM. Once it finishes loading, the GBA screen pops up but without the nintendo logo and it just freezes after the twinkling sound fades away.

Moved to the latest stable version 1.59 from vB.3, but still no good. Some advice would be appreciated (anything besides a "dead battery")

I have this same problem

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are only 2 modes for playing GBA on the 3in1, PSRAM and NOR, you don't get to pick what mode to play in if your using the built in loader. SRAM is where your save data goes, not your game.

If you get a white screen or the game just doesn't load, it means the built in autopatcher is not good enough. That means you have to manually SRAM patch that game on your computer before you can use it on the CycloDS.

There is no way to determine if your CycloDS sees the 3in1 until you try running a game. If you want to determine if you can see the 3in1 without running a game, use GBA Exploader 0.58b at least once after trying to play any game your having issues with running. Running it you should automatically be presented with a initialization option.

To be on the same page, I am using the vB.3:
IMG_150352b.jpg

If your loading a 32MB game like Mother 3 or KH:CoM you will be presented with this window and asked to write the game to NOR:
IMG_150351b.jpg
You want to pick yes at this point.

If you got a problem game that doesn't seem to want to run. Try to see if GBA Exploader sees your 3in1. If it can't see it, your 3in1 might not be inserted ALL the way in.

If you have it in all the way, then it is more likely you have to patch the game. It should be like this:
IMG_150353b.jpg

If you get this screen, try inserting the 3in1 all the way in. Or check to see if the metal contacts are not flattened in the DS.
IMG_150354b.jpg

Run GBA Exploader 5 times in a row, if you get the initialization screen 5 times in a row. It means your battery IS DEAD.

If your 32MB Mother 3 or KH:CoM doesn't load in NOR, it means your using a bad dump or needs a trim.

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The odd part is in how games I used to run directly before (loading, for example, Battle Chip Challenge through Exploader without having to patch it) are encountering the same error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1