Hacking EZflash Jr. won't boot in DMG or CGB

MrArgent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my card in (from a USA-located seller on eBay), and when I attempt to start it up on my DMG-001 or my CGB boot fails at the "Game Boy" splash screen with no Nintendo logo (nor the solid black bar that indicates no cartridge at all being present). Any pointers? I've tried two different 16GB SDHC cards, both partitioned for full capacity and partitioned down to four gigabytes. I've also tried Firmware 3, Firmware 4, and a preliminary version of Firmware 5. Have I been duped?

Last edited by MrArgent,

MrArgent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its more than likely the game systems contacts
is this the only game boy you have?

no GBP, gbc?

I'm testing with a original and a game boy color. I meant to link some photos to clarify, but I can't quite yet since i'm not over the new user post threshold - sorry! Another thing I left kind of vague in the original post - when I say "No nintendo logo on the boot splash", i mean literally no nintendo logo. Not the black bar that indicates a complete lack of cartridge or a scrambled logo.

Try cleaning the pins of the cartridge.

If worst comes to worst, you may need to contact your seller for a replacement.

Try cleaning the Gameboy contacts as well.
Sometimes these consoles become picky to what they want to detect.

As for the contacts on the systems themselves and my original Game Paks, I recently treated them with some isopropyl followed by deoxit - my usual for this sort of work. I did try cleaning the flashcart's contacts last night, but it didn't seem to make a difference. As the seller advised I give it a one-over, I'll be doing so.

EDIT: No change following the additional cleaning pass using the aforementioned, unfortunately. I'll be remaining in touch with the seller.

EDIT 2: Seller's sending a replacement!

Last edited by MrArgent,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing with a original and a game boy color. I meant to link some photos to clarify, but I can't quite yet since i'm not over the new user post threshold - sorry! Another thing I left kind of vague in the original post - when I say "No nintendo logo on the boot splash", i mean literally no nintendo logo. Not the black bar that indicates a complete lack of cartridge or a scrambled logo.

As for the contacts on the systems themselves and my original Game Paks, I recently treated them with some isopropyl followed by deoxit - my usual for this sort of work. I did try cleaning the flashcart's contacts last night, but it didn't seem to make a difference. As the seller advised I give it a one-over, I'll be doing so.

EDIT: No change following the additional cleaning pass using the aforementioned, unfortunately. I'll be remaining in touch with the seller.

EDIT 2: Seller's sending a replacement!

any update status?

DapperRockerGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the same issue. Upon using the EZ Flash Jr cart on my modded DMG, it would either have the black bar, or have the cartridge load after several attempts. The cart is brand new, and and the contacts were cleaned when I cleaned the inside of the system.When loaded on the other systems, I had no issue at all.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to the latest user feedback, some DMG backlit mod which coming with a whole PSU board maybe need to change a component on the board.

under the discussion section
http://www.ezflash.cn/product/ezflash-junior/
I tried mine on 4 DMG gameboys(1 back-lit the other 3 not), 2 GBC's, 2 Pockets, 2 Gba's(1SPand 1 original) and a Japanese Super gameboy. All of them had the same problem, it would only showed the R on the bios screen and on the super gameboy just a black screen.

Also my modded DMG has the backlight mod and bivert not the ips display mod.
Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tried mine on 4 DMG gameboys(1 back-lit the other 3 not), 2 GBC's, 2 Pockets, 2 Gba's(1SPand 1 original) and a Japanese Super gameboy. All of them had the same problem, it would only showed the R on the bios screen and on the super gameboy just a black screen.

Also my modded DMG has the backlight mod and bivert not the ips display mod.
Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

If the test result is like this, please contact your dealer for replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1