Hacking EzFlash 3in1 Cant store save data in SRAM!?!

lunarverse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've ordered a lot EZ 3in1 Expansion Packs, all work well with GBA ExpLoader 0.57 and R4.
But all 3 EZ 3in1 Packs from my last order dont work!!

It can load and play GBA games with GBA ExpLoader.
But everytime I turn off my DS save data just disappeared.
When I turn my DS on and run GBA_ExpLoader.nds, It always ask "May I set this Slot2 expansion pak for GBA ExpLoader?" Everytime!!.
From my experience, It should ask only once in first time i used the 3in1 pak, right?
And No SAV data store in SRAM so the program cant backup it to SAV File.

All 3 Packs have the same problems. (Ordered it on 7 Oct 2008, and just received it on 13 Oct 2008)
So I'm not sure that dead battery cause this problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance. (Sorry, about my English)

lunarverse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
how_do_i_do_that said:
did you follow the instructions and make all the necessary folders?

Especally the GBA_SAVE folder?

This is not my first time to use 3in1 and GBA ExpLoader.
I have experience, and know how to use this device and program.
It work well with my old 3in1 pak.

But only 3 packs of my lastest order have this problem.
Maybe my english is too bad to explain my problem.
I wonder if I got defective products, or other reason that cause this problem.
(They use new chipset or something?)

Thx anyway.

Waiting for explain or any suggestion...

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm correct, you SHOULD be able to access the GBA device via the NDS's main menu even without the flashcard installed. Once you flash a GBA rom to the device the NDS treats it like a real GBA cart (At least mine does.) so you can check there if there's something wrong. Write a GBA game to your 3-in-1 and then turn off the power. Remove the Slot-1 Flashcard (Or leave it in if it's not the auto-boot type.) and start up your NDS. Start the GBA game and get to a point where you can save. Once you've saved turn it off and turn it back on again. Start up the GBA game again and see if your save is still there. If it's not then that means the battery's dead.

In a case like that you can probably just return it for another if it arrived DOA. Otherwise you can try to remove the battery and solder in a new one. I'm not sure how to do this but it probably beats the alternative of having to spend more money to replace your 3-in-1 each time. Should be a topic somewhere on this site or maybe do a search with Google for instructions. Unfortunately for me this happened and the battery fell out so I need to find a replacement battery and get a soldering gun to reattach it.

lunarverse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks, SamusKnight2K

I've tried it in NOR Flash already.
Still have the same problem. Play game, save, turn off, turn on, save data just disappeared.
Only 'new game' can select from game's menu.

Maybe I have to send it back for replacement.
frown.gif

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a EZFlash 3 in 1 and I'm having trouble with it as well (I'm new to this...)

I got the PSRAM mode to work. Loading games, then loading the save file to continue where I left off but it's the NOR mode where I get the most trouble.

I load the game into the NOR Flash memory as well as the save file but then I shut down the DS, turn it back on while holding B and the save file isn't even there!
There were times when I would look at the save file on my computer and the file would have japanese characters randomly place in the title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...