EZFlash 3-in-1+ sram problem?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by demonicstrife, May 12, 2009.

May 12, 2009
  1. demonicstrife
    OP

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Okay, so far, I've thought of all I could to get this fixed, and none have succeeded to work the way I intended. For some reason, whenever I load a 32 MB game into NOR, and run it, it freezes. I have an Acekard 2, and the GBA game seems to only freeze whenever a save is backed up or loaded into the 3-in-1+. I've also tried the GBAExpLoader, and I get the same deal, but it ALWAYS freezes. However, loading in a game less than 32 MB seems to run fine. I've tested Mother 3, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, and Megaman Zero 3. Mother 3 and KH both froze unless I loaded it directly from the DS menu, so the SRAM was untouched. I've tried MMZ3 and GS, and they run perfectly fine in all ways, however, my GS save file was wiped out (unsure of what caused that), but the game still played. I've also SRAM patched Mother 3, but have gotten the same results with the game. It seems to be an SRAM problem. Is my 3-in-1+ a defect somehow, or is there a fix?

2. benaimi15

Banned benaimi15 Banned

United States
    test post

3. hacker07

Banned hacker07 Banned

Antarctica
    Idk you can try ysmenu on the acekard 2 but i know that it works with the ezflash 3in1+

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    the problem is with the soft reset, you have to turn off the DS and turn it back on to run 32MB from NOR properly.

If your GS saves are dissappearing, you got a bad copy. Mine works just fine.

5. demonicstrife
    OP

United States
    The GS save problem was solved. Simply needed to patch the rom with the SRAM patch. That's working fine in NOR now.

However, 32 MB games continue to freeze when loaded from AKAIO or GBAExpLoader. How do I disable soft reset if possible?

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I get around it by running the gba game in NOR without the slot1.

7. demonicstrife
    OP

United States
    That's what I'm doing at the moment. Guess I'll have to deal with it.

8. Goobaman

Newcomer Goobaman Member

United States
    So wait, why did your GS save disappear?? I lost my GS2 save just before reuniting with the GS1 cast and I really want to know why. I had TLA flashed to NOR for several days, I went to play a DS game, changed my mind and loaded GS2 from the Acekard menu, and boom, my data was completely gone. Is this common??

9. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    you probably forgot to dump the SRAM to a SAV file before loading another game.

NOR mode games, you have to MANUALLY dump the save data; THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THAT.

10. Goobaman

Newcomer Goobaman Member

United States
    Well what I did was load up the Acekard, I have the auto-backup prompt enabled, so I backed up my GS2 data, then I loaded GS2 directly from the Acekard menu... Essentially, it's not enough to backup the save data when its NOR, you have to bring up the menu and manually dump the SRAM??

11. demonicstrife
    OP

United States
    This is the problem I had with my Golden Sun save. You need to SRAM patch the rom with GBATA for it load correctly in NOR.

12. Goobaman

Newcomer Goobaman Member

United States
    I really don't feel like playing all the way back to Contigo...anyone care to share a save? Or is there an alternative way to make saves from other programs work???