Hacking EZF4lite microSD slowdown

master456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
master456! speak to us!

Ok I flashed my DSL with a Super Pass 2 SE and fired up Castlevania. Like a previous poster said, the FMV scene is a little choppy. The game plays perfectly fine and I haven't detected any slowdowns. I've "tested" about 30-40 GBA games and 20-30 DS games. So far I'm very happy with this cart.

I considered picking up a G6 Lite, but GBA compatiblity is important to me and I noticed that this card does not run GBA games. I still might pick one up
smile.gif

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
This is exactly why I bought a Supercard SD + Superkey (didn't wait for all of these).

I really want 100% NDS compatibility & decent GBA support. I'll be patient and wait until a) there's another product (M3?) b) all these issues are fixed.

Thx to ALL for their help

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my reply from Sandisk, kind of a BS answer. They said read/write speed can depend on hardware, etc, so they don't list. But the Ultra II line was designed to go at that speed, so they list it. Oh well. Maybe someone will do a read/write benchmark test on a standard MicroSD card later.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Used a normal sandisk micro card and have noticed minor problems.

The card does run slower than normal SD cards.
Some gaming screens take longer to load, whilst others are not affected.
Some games, noticibly, top spin 2, have audio stuttering, due to the slow card, or perhaps it is the ex4 lite I am using. I am inexperienced, with this cart, so cannot comment on it as source of problems.

In some parts of a game, you can sort of see the graphics pause slightly to load, MPH, but stragely sonic rush, a relatively fast game, runs fine without any slowdowns.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool.. Lucky I didn't buy the 1gb sandisk micro sd during Futureshop's $49 promotion two weeks ago..

Well I was going to buy it but they ran out of stock and gave me a raincheck instead (this happened when I tried to pick up my order after the promotion ended)

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a 1gb ultra II card and not noticed any slow downs so far. Ive only played a few roms though.

What have you played with it? I was about to get a Ultra II card as well, but decided to go for the cheaper 512MB card.

Ive played a few games on it now. Metroid Hunters, Aminal Crossing, Mario Kart, News Super Mario Bro's, Pheonix Wrights and a few others.

Ive not noticed any slow downs at all but I dont have an eye for problems with the card as ive not used any others before.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
y nevermind... there is a slight slowdown... when i play animal crossing it takes a lil longer to transition between indoor/outdoor... its barely noticeable but its slower
That's not too bad if it's just one or two games.
I was almost positive that Kingston would have near read/write speeds of Sandisk Ultra.

I might settle for Kingston 512MB as well (can't get Sandisk 1GB Ultra II microSDs shipped to Australia
cry.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work