Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ez5logo.gif
EZ5 1.90 open beta 6 released
EZ5i support.
ezvplustrans.png
The EZTeam have updated the current beta line of the EZ5 kernel (used for all version of the EZ5). There is a minimal changelog but this version is currently the only version that supports the EZ5i (the EZTeam's recent entry into DSi compatible carts), the updated DLDI files from ps2aich and cory1492 are now standard and there appears to be an update to the resetsp.bin (no word on changes).

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
EZFlash.cn software download (English)
icon11.gif
EZFlash US Forums thread
discuss.png
Discuss

Thanks to ccosmos for the news.​

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't know they had to build in EZ5i support... What happens if you put older software on it?

Also, are all options (except for the Slot-2 things of course) supported on the DSi now?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Maikel Steneker said:
I didn't know they had to build in EZ5i support... What happens if you put older software on it?

Also, are all options (except for the Slot-2 things of course) supported on the DSi now?
Well, supposedly most teams (AK, EZ, M3) have already released new versions of the DSi, although nothing has been released yet from Cyclops Team or SuperCard Team.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this time you can not use any other cart from the EZ5 line on the DSi other than the EZ5i aka EZVi (they tried to get a bootstrap update to work but it was not going to happen without a hardware upgrade, other carts have tried similar updates (if they can) but nothing has come of it as far as I know).
The EZ5 (any version) uses a small bootloader (users of older versions may have had to update it) and this then loads a kernel/shell files from the microSD/SDHC, the EZ5i bootloader will only work with this or subsequent versions though as only they have the support for the new hardware.

Re: "other options" I am not sure what you mean but at this time all the DSi capable carts work as they do on all the other carts, none of the extra functionality of the DSi is available.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the team has worked hard to release the ez5i and had no time to optimize last OB5 kernel.
I'm currently testing this new kernel and most of the bug i have found in OB5 are still present.
Hoppefully now the team has time to optimize the RTS mode and fix bugs for next OB.

I'm pretty sure we will see another OB soon.
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

Extreme Coder said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Well, supposedly most teams (AK, EZ, M3) have already released new versions of the DSi, although nothing has been released yet from Cyclops Team or SuperCard Team.

Cyclo usually copies stuff from the SUperCard team, so just wait for SC to come out with something.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ccosmos said:
I think the team has worked hard to release the ez5i and had no time to optimize last OB5 kernel.
I'm currently testing this new kernel and most of the bug i have found in OB5 are still present.
I'm glade to see that i was wrong. See my bug report on sosuke forum.
wink.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TeenDev said:
Extreme Coder said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Cyclo usually copies stuff from the SUperCard team, so just wait for SC to come out with something.
the last direct copy was their slot-2 device, I am sure a CycloDSi would be evolution-based. And they made several innovations before the supercard, and many shared features have independent, better, implementations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto