EZ5 1.90 open beta 6 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by FAST6191, Dec 29, 2008.

Dec 29, 2008

EZ5 1.90 open beta 6 released by FAST6191 at 2:13 PM (2,063 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG] EZ5 1.90 open beta 6 released
    EZ5i support.
    [​IMG]
    The EZTeam have updated the current beta line of the EZ5 kernel (used for all version of the EZ5). There is a minimal changelog but this version is currently the only version that supports the EZ5i (the EZTeam's recent entry into DSi compatible carts), the updated DLDI files from ps2aich and cory1492 are now standard and there appears to be an update to the resetsp.bin (no word on changes).

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] EZFlash.cn software download (English)
    [​IMG] EZFlash US Forums thread
    [​IMG] Discuss

Thanks to ccosmos for the news.​

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I didn't know they had to build in EZ5i support... What happens if you put older software on it?

Also, are all options (except for the Slot-2 things of course) supported on the DSi now?

3. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Well, supposedly most teams (AK, EZ, M3) have already released new versions of the DSi, although nothing has been released yet from Cyclops Team or SuperCard Team.

4. bewitched

Member bewitched GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    This means i can use my EZV cards on the DSi with this, so i don't have to buy a separate EZVi [​IMG] Which i just did btw [​IMG]

5. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    At this time you can not use any other cart from the EZ5 line on the DSi other than the EZ5i aka EZVi (they tried to get a bootstrap update to work but it was not going to happen without a hardware upgrade, other carts have tried similar updates (if they can) but nothing has come of it as far as I know).
    The EZ5 (any version) uses a small bootloader (users of older versions may have had to update it) and this then loads a kernel/shell files from the microSD/SDHC, the EZ5i bootloader will only work with this or subsequent versions though as only they have the support for the new hardware.

Re: "other options" I am not sure what you mean but at this time all the DSi capable carts work as they do on all the other carts, none of the extra functionality of the DSi is available.

6. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Is the RTS still useless?

7. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    I think the team has worked hard to release the ez5i and had no time to optimize last OB5 kernel.
    I'm currently testing this new kernel and most of the bug i have found in OB5 are still present.
    Hoppefully now the team has time to optimize the RTS mode and fix bugs for next OB.

I'm pretty sure we will see another OB soon. [​IMG]

8. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    Cyclo usually copies stuff from the SUperCard team, so just wait for SC to come out with something.

9. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    I'm glade to see that i was wrong. See my bug report on sosuke forum. [​IMG]

10. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    the last direct copy was their slot-2 device, I am sure a CycloDSi would be evolution-based. And they made several innovations before the supercard, and many shared features have independent, better, implementations.