EZ4 loader 1.76 released, some bug fixes.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my hands on a microsd->minisd adapter
used a 2GB msd formated to FAT
flashed 1.76 from the dl 2 links up and it works (aside from the messed up text)

its just weird my 2GB minisd wouldnt work anymore with 1.75+ loaders

Donel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Final Fantasy III skin with Clearlook fonts and all IPS fixes from draxoon applied.

yx3bD1H.png

Attachments

• ezfla_up.rar
    264.5 KB · Views: 199

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironic for a game that never actually came out *to* the GBA, even though it could have. :D

Any chance for FF 4 or 5? Those were my favorite entries that were available on GBA. Or even a Mother 3 skin? :)

physicallyinsane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found an old comment of yours [http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic...zflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16937] explaining how to run the ez4 loader on the vba. As someone who has no concept on debugging hardware specific code for an embedded platform, could you help me out on running the latest kernel on the vba? It's annoying to test skins I'm making by constantly loading and updating it on to my actual gameboy sp.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, there's no trivial way to get the new ez4 loader to run in vba. The old way I did it basically bypassed a check of some sort and left the loader think it was in a different (nds?) mode. Ie, it's something more of luck that it didn't crash. The new loader cut out a lot, presumably in part to make room for the fat32 code, and the check is apparently not there. So, it falls through silently. Which means if you just speed up the VBA, after a while you'll see it black screen. So, yea, sorry about that.

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I update my EZ Flash 4 to 1.76?

My EZ Flash 4 now is currently using 1.72. And my EZ Flash uses a MicroSD card on a Gameboy Advance SP.

It says EZ402 2006.03 on the back.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should I update my EZ Flash 4 to 1.76?

My EZ Flash 4 now is currently using 1.72. And my EZ Flash uses a MicroSD card on a Gameboy Advance SP.

It says EZ402 2006.03 on the back.

If it holds enough games for you and you do not feel you want SDHC, and it does not have issues with loading full 32 meg games (mainly Mother 3 but get the right combination of hacks and there could be others) then you do not need to upgrade.

If you do need more space or you do face issues with full 32 meg games (most 32 meg/256Mbit titles trim a bit and thus are not troubled by this issue) then consider upgrading.

Upgrading it might cost you the ability to use smaller SD cards (512 meg and 1 gig sort of thing).

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it holds enough games for you and you do not feel you want SDHC, and it does not have issues with loading full 32 meg games (mainly Mother 3 but get the right combination of hacks and there could be others) then you do not need to upgrade.

If you do need more space or you do face issues with full 32 meg games (most 32 meg/256Mbit titles trim a bit and thus are not troubled by this issue) then consider upgrading.

Upgrading it might cost you the ability to use smaller SD cards (512 meg and 1 gig sort of thing).

What about a 2GB SD card?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have not yet found the consistent thread linking the smaller cards and not working on newer kernels. It just seems that some smaller ones no longer work, others carry on fine with them.

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have not yet found the consistent thread linking the smaller cards and not working on newer kernels. It just seems that some smaller ones no longer work, others carry on fine with them.

I don't think I will update because I everything works so far with the Clearworks 1.72. And I like that skin.

But I was thinking about updating because my cart (or maybe the SD card) has been sluggish loading the game list, the games themselves, and creating/saving save files. You think this update will help speed things up, because it will allow me to replace the SD with an SDHC and use FAT32?

Should I try reformatting the SD card from the 32 kilobyte allocation size to 64? Reformatting from 4000 bytes to 16 kilobytes on my R4i card really made the game loading and game browsing faster. But it couldn't load games do to some save file error if I went up to 32 or 64 kilobytes, which I think may be the case if I go from 32 to 64 kilobyte on the EZ Flash 4's SD card.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It did come with a marginal speed boost (nothing to do with SDHC as much as just having some improved code in this update) but nothing to write home about -- the ?SD was basically never the limiting factor.

How many games do you have on the cart? The more games it has, the more files it has to sort through during the saving process (you can replicate it by making a bunch of files in the saver folder if you want).

I have not played with sector sizes on this new SDHC line and have no idea what goes. It really is just loader code/FAT parsing and -- DS carts read solely from the SD card where the bottleneck of the EZ4 is mainly the NOR/PSRAM writing part of things.

Reactions: sp957

sp957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games do you have on the cart? The more games it has, the more files it has to sort through during the saving process (you can replicate it by making a bunch of files in the saver folder if you want).
I have 87 games. 12 of the games are in their own folder if that matters.

I tried just having one game on the EZ4 to see if it would speed things up. It loaded up the game list faster. But the game loads and save writes were about the same speed.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just compiled the cobalt version of the carbon skin (since I have a cobalt blue GBA SP) using Draxoon's font patch and tools! It's version 1.76, obviously I guess. I found a thread on the ezflash forum with the files for the theme, among others, so I thought I'd give it a shot. If you guys want to take some of those themes and convert them, just download their zips, take the find the .shell folder and use those files instead of the ones in the res folder of Draxoon's tool. Be sure to apply the font patch though, because... that default font is... um, gross.

Also, side note, anyone know of a way to re-patch your games in bulk once they've already been transferred to the SD card? I just found out that a crapton of my games all have different reset combos because apparently my config didn't stick...

PROOF:
IMG_20150422_043249.jpg

Attachments

• ezfla_up.zip
    337.5 KB · Views: 180

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, side note, anyone know of a way to re-patch your games in bulk once they've already been transferred to the SD card? I just found out that a crapton of my games all have different reset combos because apparently my config didn't stick...

Thanks for the updated theme. Anyway, you should be able to just run your games through the client again, just make sure it doesn't overwrite your save files. There is the option to not have it apply the save patch, which should be fine since they've already been patched for that. About the client button combination problem, you might have to manually edit the configuration file in the Temp folder of your Windows folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo