Hacking ez4 lite flash + Kernel update = white screen

iChett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used EZpass2 and EZ4 lite to flash my ds lite. I got it to boot up and work fine playing roms.
BUT, i tried updated the kernel downloaded from http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=719, after reading the review on the EZ-Flahs IV, I placed ezfla_up.bin in the memory card and held R and booted up. it went to the updating screen and updated, and i restarted, but all i get is a white screen when i have the EZ4 lite cartridge in. even when i try to load into GBA mode, i will only get a white screen.
I tried reformatting the memory card and retried but no luck i only get a white screen.
But when i load a regular DS game, it will load up fine and i can play it.
What i am i doing wrong here?
When i update the kernel, am i updating the ds software or the EZ4 software?

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you update the kernel, yes it has to delete the old kernel. It can't run 2 versions of the same firmware.

A few questionsfor you:
Are you trying to play DS or GBA roms?
What passcard are you using?
Is your memory card formatted to FAT and not FAT32?
Have you tried downgrading the kernel to an earlier version? Perhaps the kernel it came with (as it was working then)

iChett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. When i try to let the EZ4 load up in the beginning, it just stays in a white screen.
2. either DS or GBA wont load. i cant even get into the menu.
3. i have ezpass 2
4. ive tried both fat and fat 32.
5. if downgrading is holding R while loading up to GBA mode, yes, ive tried that.

any ideas?

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I think I must have mis-read your first post before. Or I assumed you were trying to flash it. whatever.

So your DS is already flashed. So the EZPass is not needed anymore.
How are you entering GBA mode. Are you holding Select while your DS is booting? Then holding R and launching the GBA cart?

iChett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by holding select, i can boot into the DS menu screen. then i can select the GBA cart mode, but i get a white screen. if i hold R, i get the updater screen. or downgrader. dont know exactly which is it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol