Hacking EZ Vi Cheats Help?

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just got my EZ Flash Vi 2 days ago and after i set it up it worked fine and everything, the problem I have is the cheats.
Dont give me a lecture on how to add cheats because I already know how, I put the cheats in the CHT folder and when i select them on the game they turn on, however when I load the game no cheats work. Am I doing something wrong or do i need a replacement firmware (im on 1.90)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
L+R+START = enabled cheat during game
L+R+SELECT= disabled them

This is only for k1.90 series. Under k2.0 series, cheats are alawys ON when game is started.
wink.gif

lrwr14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i'm using the k2.0 series but don't know how to select cheats. I click on the off button to turn them on then underneath that it says press Y. what does that mean? and when do i press Y?

mp2703

Trophies
XP
Country
You need download the resetsp.bin file separately and the cheats depend on this file to work properly.
In EZ5 2 the cheats seem to be read from the EZShell directory and not the CHT folder we all created from when EZ flash was still running off moonshell (v1.9). This means that you will need to move your cheats.DAT or ezarcode.CHT file from the previous \CHT folder to the \EZShell.

To select the cheats simply highlight the game, open the rom setting menu (2nd icon on the left by default), turn the cheats on and press the y button on the same screen. The bottom screen should now change to the cheat selection menu.

I'm not sure if there's a way to switch the cheat rendering engine (CHT or AR) as we could with the previous v1.9 though. Maybe it'll be available in the final version?

Cheers...

bondboy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just downloaded the rc5, and rc6, and i also downloaded the resetsp.bin, and my cheats still don't work what am i doing wrong?

bondboy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, tried that and that didnt work, where do i put the resetsp.bin, and then what should i use ezarcode.dat, or usrcheat.dat?
Everything i have triedhasnt worked, each time i press the y button nothing happens Sombody please help!!!! asap i am reallly getting frustrated

mp2703

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey bondboy22,

resetsp.bin goes into the \EZShell folder along with the ezarcode.dat and usrcheat.dat (if in doubt, place both!). You need to make sure that the cheat file you have placed in the folder contains the actual cheats for the game, maybe you should download the latest version of the cheat file/s from the GBATemp cheats database? or you can use the R4CCE to check or add your own cheats...

CheerZ.....

D

Deleted User

It doesn't work. I did everything exactly right, I have a good usrcheat.dat and ezarcode.dat, they worked on Kernel 1.90, but it doesn't work on 2.0 RC6!!!!!!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Files resetsp.bin and ezarcode.dat are no longer used in kernel 2.0 series.
Please, delete those useless files from /EZ5shell folder.
You only need USRCHEAT.DAT file in this folder and be sure to use clean roms.

D

Deleted User

You Mean I can't use cheats on the Heart Gold And Soul Silver English Translation like I could on the R4?

D

Deleted User

Ok I got it now, problem solved! Except I wish the Gold Experience Multiplier cheat for Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story worked......

watex5

dvd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm having an error now while trying to select cheats.
Here2!
Here3!Fatal error! FAT_SetSize already file size is not zero.
Application halted!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel