Hacking EZ-Trim

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
EZ-Trim - The easiest rom trimmer there is! Drop single or multiple .NDS or .RAR/.ZIP/.7z files containing .NDS files into the window and it'll trim them and put them in the selected output folder. Click the Clear button to empty the output folder.

If you tick the check box mark download pictures you can see the boxart for the file that's currently being trimmed.

Just unzip the archive to a folder of your choice and inside you'll find unrar.dll, 7za.dll and EZ-Trim.exe, just double click on EZ-Trim.exe to start.

http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/EZTrim.rar
http://www.dpgdownloads.com/trolleyguy/EZTrim.zip

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there's way too many trimmers around but I wrote this ages ago and have never updated it and somebody asked me to so here's the update in case anyone else is interested.

The changes are -
File browser now shows files inside the output folder.
Added button to empty the output folder.
Added release database from R4 Commander V2.0
Added boxart engine from R4 Commander V2.0
Now uses updated RAR wrapper.
Now displays actual game name as stored in release database when trimming.
Now shows a list of files dropped into window and their current status.
Fixed a bug where ZIP archives weren't closed.
Altered the wording of the status label text.
Everything is trimmed using a safe method (cart size + 256 bytes). Also if it finds a 0 byte value in the header it just copies the file compete.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oooo you're still developing
smile.gif
How's R4 Commander updates?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Not too bad! I started working on a generic version but it gained no interest so I'm turning it into R4 Commander v2.0! It's going to be drag and drop or file browswer based. I've got the new skinning system in it (did you see SkinR4?) and really I just need to tweak a couple of things and it's ready for testing.

It's a completely different beast now though! It uses a realease database, has a renamer, dropping files into it moves them into your rom folder. I'll PM you a link to the current build later on, I'm just in the middle of something in it and then I'll send it. I could do with some beta testers so if you're willing I don't mind sending you a copy of the daily build to try out.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted it but got such a small response I've decided to skip it. R4 Commander V2.0 is going to have the option to switch to other cards and install packs for that card but it'll switch all the R4 Commander related stuff off and just leave the generic stuff active. That way as well I've just got 1 program to support.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there is, but like I said in the second post I wrote it ages ago and somebody asked me to update it and make a few changes so I did and posted the update here as well just in case anyone else was interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT