Hacking EZ Flash V + R4DS Freezing / Can't load GBA

srlonigro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using R4DS with the EZ Flash V and can't get GBA roms to load for the life of me. I've read that I don't need to use the DLDI patcher for the R4. Is this true?

I'm using Rudolph GBA_ExpLoader_058b0.nds and have tried running in PSRAM and NOR modes. It loads the rom, then shows the GBA intro and freezes on the white screen. Any help would be appreciated!

srlonigro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Castlevanis- Aria of sorrow, Legend of Zelda - link to the past and sword of mana in both blue screen (PSRAM) and in green (NOR mode). I have the original Black R4 card (Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS). BTW - after I choose gba exploader, I choose 'no write' for 'write SRAM to SAV file', although I have tried both options and get the same thing. Still always freezes after the gba intro screen.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Castlevania AoS should have run fine without doing anything. Zelda LotP requires SRAM patching because it uses EEPROM for save. Some people can get LotP to work by deleting the save file on the microSD, thats probably due to where they got the rom from.

You can blank and empty the SRAM on the 3in1 with the blank SRAM.bin file found here:
http://filetrip.net/f2435-Blank-SRAM-BIN-f...Flash-3in1.html

Then delete the save file on the microSD. Castlevaina should work at this point. Same thing for Zelda, if it doesn't you will probably manually need to SRAM patch the game.

If the problem continues, it means your roms are dirty to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...