EZ Flash reform, some roms freezing..

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im a noob with gba flash cards. I recently picked up a gba micro and got my EZ flash reform in the mail. I got everything running pretty well, The reform is interesting because it patches the roms while its running so there apparently is no need to patch all your roms with a client. Anyway, most of the games seem to work well, although I've run into a few that have freezing issues, River City Ransom EX freezes whenever I hit the start button, Road Rash stays on the home screen if I hit start nothing happens, Gauntlet Dark legacy plays fine just a constant loud screeching noise plays. These are just a few of the issues ive encountered although most games play fine,.

My question is are these bad room? Should I try and "re patch" them or are some roms simply unplayable?

Attachments

• doggo sdfsd.jpg
    doggo sdfsd.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 327

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
These flash cards have 2 modes to run games psram and nor memory and that happens with some games when loaded through psram mode and also with 32mb games. What you need to do is to load them into nor. It does take a couple of minutes to do this but most games will run then. To do this highlight the rom and press select and select yes and it'll copy it into nor memory. Then press back the button to get out of sd card directory and you'll see the game on its own along with sd card folder.
Also if using the card in a ds don't use the program gba exploder to write to the card cause it'll brick it and won't work on a gba again.

Last edited by Columbo2811,
Reactions: Rohul1997

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These flash cards have 2 modes to run games psram and nor memory and that happens with some games when loaded through psram mode and also with 32mb games. What you need to do is to load them into nor. It does take a couple of minutes to do this but most games will run then. To do this highlight the rom and press select and select yes and it'll copy it into nor memory. Then press back the button to get out of sd card directory and you'll see the game on its own along with sd card folder.
Also if using the card in a ds don't use the program gba exploder to write to the card cause it'll brick it and won't work on a gba again.
thanks, tried this, but exact same issues remain, im hoping getting a different rom will help.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the root of your sd card, there is a .CFG file (key.cfg?). There are options to enable/disable a few things. Open it with wordpad or similar. Try using the button configurations notes there.

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the root of your sd card, there is a .CFG file (key.cfg?). There are options to enable/disable a few things. Open it with wordpad or similar. Try using the button configurations notes there.

tried download different roms, couldnt really find "different" roms just copies of the same rip, exact same issue remains, freezes if i hit start at anytime, screen freezes and sound locks or repeats. what button config changes should I put in?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Works fine for me. I'm using EZ Flash IV though on GBA SP. I don't think it has that much difference besides the PCB size and battery. Also, try using another micro SD card. Haven't had a single problem on my end.

Try updating to the latest kernel 2.04.

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like GSS patching is the culprit. Try disabling GSS in the Keyset.cfg file on the root of the micro SD or launching the game wit GSS disabled (using L+B iirc).
Thanks it worked, although there is no keyset.cfg file on the reform (even a hidden file) when I booted the games with L+B they worked. Only issue thats a bit anoying I have to remember which games need to be booted in that way, If i boot with simply htting A They still dont work, also it still takes a good minute to boot certian games like Kirby and the amazing mirror needs to be booted with L+B and takes maybe 45 seconds to boot. Anyway, still pleased, thanks.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks it worked, although there is no keyset.cfg file on the reform (even a hidden file) when I booted the games with L+B they worked. Only issue thats a bit anoying I have to remember which games need to be booted in that way, If i boot with simply htting A They still dont work, also it still takes a good minute to boot certian games like Kirby and the amazing mirror needs to be booted with L+B and takes maybe 45 seconds to boot. Anyway, still pleased, thanks.
You can create a Keyset.cfg file to disable GSS completely or for specific games only. You can use the 2.04 link in my signature to grab a template for the file.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
neat, what exactly is gss? and do any games NEED it?
GSS patching allows you to return to the game select menu with a button combo. It can cause issues with quite a lot of games, though. No games need it at all, but with GSS disabled you need to turn the GBA off and on to return to the menu.

Meeg85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GSS patching allows you to return to the game select menu with a button combo. It can cause issues with quite a lot of games, though. No games need it at all, but with GSS disabled you need to turn the GBA off and on to return to the menu.
cool, ty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1