Hacking EZ Flash Omega doesn't see games

  • Thread starter Thread starter zewindsor
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 19,941
  • Replies Replies 18

zewindsor

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
32
Reaction score
15
Trophies
0
Age
45
XP
637
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I received my Omega today. After a big fear (it was impossible to remove it from my GBA SP), I removed the back part and now it fits well. I have another problem : I can't see any game in the SD browser. My SD is a 16 Gb formatted with SD_CardFormatter, the games are unzipped (.gba, .gbc, .gb and .nes) and are in folders (GamesGBA, GamesGBC, etc.). The Omega has the last kernel (1.01) and last firmware (3.0).

I thought the Omega could run any game, did I miss something ?

Thanx for your help
 
Don't you have to use a program to properly load them on the SD card?

*Oh, I guess you don't need that. I've only used my IV.
 
Last edited by qqq1,
because you removed the back plate
please use the card with case assembled completely
Yeah sure, must be that :) I unzipped all the GBC/GB/Nes games I had and the Omega sees a few one, but not all.

Are there any chances the user also got the Reform case?
As I could see on other topics, I had the new case. But even with it, the complete case remains stuck in the GBA SP, I have to pull it hard to remove it, and it goes out with the back plate "unplugged" from the front plate.
 
Yeah sure, must be that :) I unzipped all the GBC/GB/Nes games I had and the Omega sees a few one, but not all.


As I could see on other topics, I had the new case. But even with it, the complete case remains stuck in the GBA SP, I have to pull it hard to remove it, and it goes out with the back plate "unplugged" from the front plate.

can you provide screen shots of the files on the SD card in windows and the files in the game console display.
 
I dunno if it's the case with Omega kernel but most flashcards doesn't like some things:
- More than 1 directory level (instead of GBA\A-F, GBA\G-H, try GBA_AF, GBA_GH in the root)
- Long names, counting with all directories names, try to shorten the name of files that aren't being shown.
 
I have one subfolder per console, all the games in each. Some filename are indeed a little long.

Here are some screeshots from what I have in Windows and on the Omega :

GB Games on Windows : OmegaGB.PNG
GBA Games on Windows : OmegaGBA.PNG
GBC Games on Windows : OmegaGBC.PNG
Nes Games on Windows : OmegaNes.PNG

Main menu on Omega : IMG_20180418_162638648.jpg
GB Games on Omega : IMG_20180418_162656334.jpg
GBA Games on Omega : IMG_20180418_162706436.jpg
GBC Games on Omega : IMG_20180418_162714696.jpg
Nes Games on Omega : IMG_20180418_162725426.jpg
 
I have some suggestions
1. go EZ-FLASH OMEGA test flight and upgrade to 1.02T2
2. format the SD card with exFAT and 32KB allocation unit size.
3. copy the file again. try to remove the non-character symbol in the filename. such as exclamation mark,brackets

Although it seems very troublesome, but please give it a try.


forgot one thing, the folder must not contain more than 512 files. try 100 files per folder.
 
Last edited by EZ-Flash2, , Reason: additional info
Make sure all the files have the archive bit set. Make sure all the folders have the archive bit clear. You can select all files in a folder and set attributes at once.
 
  • Like
Reactions: EZ-Flash2
Well I found the reason, but I can't explain why this problem occured.

When I was unzipping the archives, I did it from my harddrive directly on the SD card, with 7Zip. There most of the files didn't appear on the Omega.
If I extract the archives first on the harddrive and then copy the extracted files on the SD card, the file do appear on the Omega.

So my problem is solved, but it was a piece of luck to find the solution...

Thanks to all of you who gave some things to try :)

Edit : I can't find how to change the title of the topic to mark it solved.
 
Last edited by zewindsor,
@zewindsor - Any chance you could do a screenshot of 7zip of one file which didn't appear and another screenshot of 7zip of one file that did making sure to include the Attributes Column for both?
 
One game which didn't appear :
OmegaKO.PNG


I also looked with "attrib" in command prompt, it has only "A"

And one game which appeared :
OmegaOK.PNG


which has also "A" with "attrib" in command prompt.

They are identical. The extracted files directly on SD card have also these attribs.
 
@zewindsor - Thanks for the information. It now leaves me with more confusion on why some files show up and some don't. :/ It you do figure out the root cause some time, could you let me know? The workaround is great to know, but knowing why the workaround works.. :)
 

Site & Scene News