Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

zackabee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could shout.
The RTC issue that haunting us for over two months was finally catched and resolved today(it seems), and I'll release a new beta kernel and firmware after a few internal testers report back!

Thanks to all users for their support and trust in us, as well as several folks who helped us test.

We really appreciate all of your hard work.

drenco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IFAIK, there is a DMG ips mod come with 6V resistor(not sure what is, just they called it) on their PSU board, it will cause issues with Jr. Their seller sent new resistor to buyers to replace, and issues gone.

you can find the detailed info on official web, the disscusion section of Jr page.

Hi ive just picked up a EZ Flash Junior formatted correctly, clean roms used latest firmware tried several differnt sd cards and i cant get any game to load they work on any unmodded handheld Gameboy just not on my main device an IPS V2 screen GBA the menus load but the IPS screen glows for a bit then cuts out when i go to load a game and i can hear the sound but no picture, ive tried rechargeables and alkalines it makes no difference PLEASE Help ?

RetroKarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi @drenco, try with FW4 K1.04e from the offical web (and if this is the one you are using, try with the last Release Candidate Firmware-Kernel from #405 comment). Somethings to add, microSD formated FAT32 32KB Cluster, try with just few games in the microSD card, see if the "SAVER" folder is already created, if no, create it in the Root of the microSD and if you can use a save created with the other console. (When mixing saves, ALWAYS use the same FW&Kernel with the one it was created). If your screen has brightness level control, turn it all the way down.

Also, can you confirm your GBA can play perfectly original GB-GBC games? Because with a couple of friends I had an issue (GBA SP 001 & GBA Normal Indigo) those consoles were like weird only from the logic that plays GB-GBC games, beacuse they both play flawlessly GBA games (Even the EZ Flash Omega), so the EZ Flash Junior was working very weird when loading them, like sounding correct but displaying all kind of weird numbers and symbols of a corrupted signal.

If it still doesn't work, maybe it's an issue with the power because of the modification :s ,but let's wait to see if another mate can make any other suggestion. Cheers.

Last edited by RetroKarl,
Reactions: drenco

aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey everyone, I was offline for a while while I got a new computer (my old one died a silent death to overheating). What's the status of the RTC fix now? Did the new kernel fix it for everyone?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was offline for a while while I got a new computer (my old one died a silent death to overheating). What's the status of the RTC fix now? Did the new kernel fix it for everyone?

This should be the last beta before the official release of firmware 5 kernel 1.05.

Fixed all known issues related to RTC at this time, Pokemon Prism maybe also solved(need test report)

It is recommended that those of you who are currently experiencing RTC-related problems upgrade this version and test it according to your own usage habits.

Reactions: aaaaaa123456789

Toivogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have been thinking are these ebay listings of ez-flash junior, fake. I ordered from this seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-FLASH-J...0cc71:g:yM4AAOSwIbVeDusy&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId
So is it fake?
20200802_155019.jpg 20200802_155113.jpg 20200802_155139.jpg 20200802_155241.jpg 20200802_155254.jpg 20200802_155300.jpg 20200802_155315.jpg

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah fuck off man. You always come into these threads saying its faulty or its their fault.
lol thats what he does
it's real

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drenco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @drenco, try with FW4 K1.04e from the offical web (and if this is the one you are using, try with the last Release Candidate Firmware-Kernel from #405 comment). Somethings to add, microSD formated FAT32 32KB Cluster, try with just few games in the microSD card, see if the "SAVER" folder is already created, if no, create it in the Root of the microSD and if you can use a save created with the other console. (When mixing saves, ALWAYS use the same FW&Kernel with the one it was created). If your screen has brightness level control, turn it all the way down.

Also, can you confirm your GBA can play perfectly original GB-GBC games? Because with a couple of friends I had an issue (GBA SP 001 & GBA Normal Indigo) those consoles were like weird only from the logic that plays GB-GBC games, beacuse they both play flawlessly GBA games (Even the EZ Flash Omega), so the EZ Flash Junior was working very weird when loading them, like sounding correct but displaying all kind of weird numbers and symbols of a corrupted signal.

If it still doesn't work, maybe it's an issue with the power because of the modification :s ,but let's wait to see if another mate can make any other suggestion. Cheers.
Its not letting me run the update im getting the same result as loading a game the screen cut out i also reformatted it via the SD Casrd formatter and only put on it 4 games this time, i dont have any Gameboy games but i do have a GBC game Pokemon card Trading and that works fine i see a guy over on Reddit has the exact same problem on where the Junior works fine on an unmodded Gameboy and GBA just not his modded GBA IPS V2.

Toivogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Its not letting me run the update im getting the same result as loading a game the screen cut out i also reformatted it via the SD Casrd formatter and only put on it 4 games this time, i dont have any Gameboy games but i do have a GBC game Pokemon card Trading and that works fine i see a guy over on Reddit has the exact same problem on where the Junior works fine on an unmodded Gameboy and GBA just not his modded GBA IPS V2.
Have you cleanet the contacs on the gameboy and the ez-flash?
If you have cleaned, that's pretty weird.
Are you ussing normal batteries or rechargeable batteries?

Last edited by Toivogamer,

drenco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you cleanet the contacs on the gameboy and the ez-flash?
If you have cleaned, that's pretty weird.
Are you ussing normal batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Contacts are clean and ive tried using both high quality Duracell rechargeable and alkaline same result, ive also tried two sd cards a Kingston Canvas Select 32gb and a Toshiba 4gb both yield the same result

Last edited by drenco,

Toivogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Have you tried different sd card because i had problem when i puted 8gb transcend sd card, it had problems saving first savefile for game that doesent have created savefile it tooks 20sec. Then i changed sd card to 2gb sandisk that i had and everything started working correctly, butt this is not likely, because you had working it fine on other consoles.
Have you tried different motherboard on that screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y