Hacking EZ Flash Jr keeps rebooting on DMG-01 and GBA-SP. It worked until some weeks ago.

febs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My EZ-Flash Jr cartridge always worked on all three my gameboys:
GBA SP
DMG-01
Gameboy color.

Now it only works on the Gameboy Color and keeps rebooting on the other two units.

I measured the internal battery voltage and it reads 3.03V, which should be fine.
I replaced the battery nevertheless with a new 1220 cell, which reads 3.23V and the behavior is the same!

What can I do? I am running the latest kernel and firmware.

Thanks,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My EZ-Flash Jr cartridge always worked on all three my gameboys:
GBA SP
DMG-01
Gameboy color.

Now it only works on the Gameboy Color and keeps rebooting on the other two units.

I measured the internal battery voltage and it reads 3.03V, which should be fine.
I replaced the battery nevertheless with a new 1220 cell, which reads 3.23V and the behavior is the same!

What can I do? I am running the latest kernel and firmware.

Thanks,
FW 5.0 Kernel 1.05e?

febs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I apologize for the above post, it looks like it is now working. I don't know what could have happened.

Nope I used version 4 of kernel and firmware.

Is the battery warning normal even with the non-beta firmware?
thanks,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw under which voltage is the cell considered "low"?
thanks,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I normally see things reset when they draw too much current, or when they don't make good contact and then make contact later (we used to have things involving swapping carts, various things to bump current draw up would do it).

To that end check for shorts inside it, and check to see if the contacts are in good order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.