Hacking EZ FLASH JR don´t boot

Ramonchix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hi all, my EZ Flash Jr. dont boot, always get a gameboy logo and glitch nintendo logo. just a very few times the card UI launch, already clean the EZ Flash Jr- and the gbc.
This video show de problem
Any ideas?
PD: It´s the same on my GBA.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi all, my EZ Flash Jr. dont boot, always get a gameboy logo and glitch nintendo logo. just a very few times the card UI launch, already clean the EZ Flash Jr- and the gbc.
This video show de problem
Any ideas?
PD: It´s the same on my GBA.

What firmware version is your ezflash at? I know the ezjr had issues with a specific hardware revision of the gbc which was fixed in a later software release.

Wouldn't explain it not working on the GBA, though. Is your GBA modified with a backlit screen as well? Are you using rechargeable batteries?

Ramonchix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Im using the last one i found in the web page, and my gbc ad gba hzve the same ips screen no battery mod

Ramonchix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i think is a CGB-CPU-04 CGB-JPN-2 and the GBA im not sure... i bought modded with new shell.
im think the flashcard it´s broken...

screenshot-bpconcjcammlapcogcnnelfmaeghhagj-2019.11.06-15_38_18 (35).jpg

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
what if you boot the card with CGB connected with a power supply(no battery)?

After I watched the video several times, I found that the problem should still be in the contact. After the last plug in. the card is working fine without any issue.

You may check the the metal contact in the socket, Some may be deformed or lose their elasticity.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

Ramonchix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Not about a battery mod, are you using rechargable NiMh AA batteries or alkaline? If alkaline, what brand?
NiMh AA batteries and different brands

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what if you boot the card with CGB connected with a power supply(no battery)?

After I watched the video several times, I found that the problem should still be in the contact. After the last plug in. the card is working fine without any issue.

You may check the the metal contact in the socket, Some may be deformed or lose their elasticity.

I dont have the power supply and i re-clean all the parts, other games works fine. After the video the EZ Flash Jr don´t work at all (GBC and GBA). i think the flashcard its just broken and i need a refund.
Thanks.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NiMh AA batteries and different brands
It could certainly be a faulty flashcard, but do try using a fresh pair of quality brand alkalines (Duracell, Energizer or similar - avoid budget brands from your local discounter or similar). While I haven't had issues with rechargables in the past, I know that some people have.

Flash carts generally have a higher power consumption and rechargable NiMh batteries only provide 1.2V of power as opossed to the 1.5V alkalines provide.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It could certainly be a faulty flashcard, but do try using a fresh pair of quality brand alkalines (Duracell, Energizer or similar - avoid budget brands from your local discounter or similar). While I haven't had issues with rechargables in the past, I know that some people have.

Flash carts generally have a higher power consumption and rechargable NiMh batteries only provide 1.2V of power as opossed to the 1.5V alkalines provide.
I run a 3.7v Li-Po battery in my GBC, with a TP4056 charging circuit, and no power issues. Even has the backlit IPS mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.