Hacking [EZ-Flash Jr] "2 File system error!"

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the answer. But are your rom names shortened or of normal lenght? E.g. Adventure Island 2 or Adv isl 2?
No, most roms are still named like they are in the no intro database. Only filenames longer than (I think) 74 characters were shortened by removing the countries in brackets.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have reduced the number of files in some folders and now It works well. No more system error. In my dmg01 when loading menu it makes noise like crazy. Is It normal? Is there a possibility to have a savestate function in future update?
It's normal and no

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all your answers. But i have another one. Will this cart work if i mod my dmg with a backlight?
While I don't have a back-lit modded DMG, I can confirm that it works with my backlit modded CGB, MGB and AGB, although I really only played it on my modded AGB for a prolonged period (it's the most comfortable console of the three).

Mochipo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will try to use the dat nointro created on dat-o-matic for GB and GBC roms with the 1G1R technique with clrmame.
After all, I'm the one who opened this subject, it's up to me to keep you informed if I manage to put all the basic romset ^^

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For anyone interested, I have piped the tree-output from the root of my SD card to a text file
You are missing in your collection all Syntax and Vast Fame chinese titles, specially the nice Zook Hero DX series.
that is correct, because I can't read japanese or chinese. So I skipped those titles.
Those are Megaman x clones with nice graphic and catching music. No chinese knowledge is required.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are missing in your collection all Syntax and Vast Fame chinese titles, specially the nice Zook Hero DX series.

Those are Megaman x clones with nice graphic and catching music. No chinese knowledge is required.
They homebrew right?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Those are unlicensed games by chinese pirate companies. Some titles are SRWX, Harry Potter 2, Langsr II, Sonik 7, Lord of Rings, SMB3 special etc. You can get them on Hhug.me.
I was on that site the other day looking for multi cart dumps

Jumpman_DK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This is a reminder for anyone, who's still experiencing weird issues, e.g. the "2 File system error" or ROMs not loading correctly. Be aware, that when formatting your SD cards to FAT32 the allocation unit size / cluster size has to be set to 32 KB. There are tools out there, that can handle this for you - fat32format ( http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm ) being one, for example.

It took me forever till I finally realized, that this has been the real problem all along. :wtf:

Reactions: zfreeman

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a reminder for anyone, who's still experiencing weird issues, e.g. the "2 File system error" or ROMs not loading correctly. Be aware, that when formatting your SD cards to FAT32 the allocation unit size / cluster size has to be set to 32 KB. There are tools out there, that can handle this for you - fat32format ( http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm ) being one, for example.

It took me forever till I finally realized, that this has been the real problem all along. :wtf:
Thanks. Finally i have solved all issues at once. My problem was that windows XP does not allow to specify cluster size when formatting microSD to FAT32. With the your advised tool all works fine. Now initial menu loads faster, games load faster, i have all gameboy romset in one microSD without "2 file system error". Ez Flash jr software update is no more needed.

Reactions: EZ-Flash2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol