Hardware EZ-Flash IV

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an EZ-Flash IV for my gameboy micro and I have no idea how to work it. Where are the game saves? How can i back them up or write a different saves to the cart? Is there a way to change the skin from that star wars one? This is about all I need to know. Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saves
Location? In the saver folder on the root of the card.
How to backup/make new folders? Can you use windows explorer? Sidenote some use a autoloading batch file to copy and possibly compress.

GBA saves are much like any other (save size as the game has).

DS Saves are raw saves but they are 256 kilobytes unless necessary (stuff like pokemon uses 512 kbytes, naturally the massive save of the new daigasso can not be used as there only 1 meg of save space). Shuny's conversion site should take care of any needs there.

GBA skin. Taken care of by the DS skinning tools:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=13

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I dont have a saver folder. I did at first but then I deleted it cuz the save was currupted. I formated the card and reinstalled teh firmwear and it still doesnt show up but the games still save.

Danzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Thanks but I dont have a saver folder. I did at first but then I deleted it cuz the save was currupted. I formated the card and reinstalled teh firmwear and it still doesnt show up but the games still save.
I tried not creating the /saver directory at all and not bothering with the saver files. I found that EZ4 cart still creates the /saver and tries to create files for the save games, but they are not any good. Each time you restart the EZ4, you get the message 'TIP: Hold L to skip saving' or just that it's saving, depending on how your option's set. This is when the cart tries to copy your temp save file to the miniSD for permanent storage so the temp space is ready to load another save game file if needed. When the pre-made save files weren't there you get nothing but repeated attemps to save games that are end up being corrupt. It may seem like it's saved, but in fact it only stays valid for the current game you're playing and is only stored in temp save game memory on the card. When you try playing another game, the previous save is lost and replaced as the same temp space is used for the new game's save.

I assume your /saver was corrupt because you didn't copy over the /saver files but let the cart try and create them instead, which it can't (not correctly).
To correctly save games, you need the /saver directory and all the save game files made by the client software for each and every ROM you use. Then the EZ4 uses the pre-made files on the miniSD for permanent storage and you shouldn't see any more corrupt files.
Note, the save game files have the exact name as the ROMs (.sav instead of .gba) and all are in the /saver directory, so when you're using it correctly, the files are easy to copy, backup, whatever.

For EZ4 skins, try HERE
EDIT: ah, I see skins were already been mentioned.. oh well.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original EZ4 supports miniSD but the lite, lite compact and lite deluxe all use microSD (none support microSDHC).

Note there are also microSD to miniSD adapters:
Sandisk%20mini%20sd%20adapter.jpg

Might be a bit hard to find though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now