Hacking EZ Flash IV Game Problems

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought an EZ Flash IV some time ago and it arrived yesterday. I put some games on it and tested some. Some of them have problems. I tried changing the save type in the EZ Manager, but nothing works.

The Games I have problems with are:

Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy Of Goku (famous hardware error)

I heard the second one has the same ap, so I didnt test it. Another game I have problems with is

Pokemon Emerald (Clock Problem and save loss. Everytime I restart the rom, my save is gone)

Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered (Save deletes itself. Everytime I restart the rom, my save is gone)

I have german versions of the roms. I only find patches for english roms. If theres anyone out there who knows what I have to change or what patches I have to use, I would be very grateful.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
DBZ used an extra chip for protection. You will have to find the hacked version of the game to play. The person that made the hack never released it as a IPS file but as a patched rom. So nobody here can give you the link to a rom.

As for your pokemon versions you are asking for, you can check here:
http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch

As for Pokemon Emerald, there is no RTC patch for ANY language version. Pokemon emerald came VERY late in the life cycle of GBA, so there might not be any save patches for it either.

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanks
biggrin.gif
i found the hacked version and i am trying it later. the problem with this page is, that the save fixes for the pokemon games are for the japanese roms. as i am playing he german roms, it wont help me. do i have to change some options in the EZ Disc Manager when copying the pokemon games ?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people get a 1M subcircuit error message if they set the save size too low or patch with a patcher not designed to handle pokemon save sizes larger than 64k.

You might have to consider a hardware solution to your pokemon problem. The only current slot2 device that can handle pkemon games without RTC patching of any kind is the M3 GEP. If your slot1 is not a M3, you will need to use gba exploader to be able to use the M3 GEP.

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh sorry
biggrin.gif
i'm playing with an ez flash iv on a gba micro. so the emerald rtc problem is known in the web
biggrin.gif
its ok that i play without the rtc, but that my save gets deleted every time sucks. do i need another patch or patcher to fix this ?

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
push :S i need a solution
biggrin.gif
i want to play the pokemon games on my ez flash
frown.gif
is there a save fix or something else for the english version ? or do i have to simply change something or patch something for the roms to work ?

fire red,
leaf green
and
emerald

refuse to save :S everytime i get an save error and my save is gone
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried the onboard patch options of GBATA (have a look at the sram stuff and the RTC stuff if you want)? http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm

edit: I did not know there was a straight up hacked version of DBZ 2, if I remember I will grab a copy and see about making a patch.

hunter291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes i did. gbata recognises none of them because it was released before all these games.

if you have msn or icq, i can send you the prepatched dbz games.

dit: problem solved
biggrin.gif
i just had to change one little option in the ez flash manager
biggrin.gif
everything works now except for the rtc in emerald, but theres no patch for it as i read in the internet
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy