Hardware EZ Flash IV - Another "Battery dry or first in" forum post

total2d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original EZ Flash IV and the battery inside has gone bad. It is a CR 2025 cell. I have no trouble booting games and playing them all the way through. However, there is no way for me to save. After reading lots of other forum posts and watching old youtube videos I figured my best bet would be to replace the battery with a new CR 2025 cell. Today I have done just that, I used an X-acto knife to free the spot welds on the old battery, and placed a fresh one in its place, keeping the top connection secured with a piece of electrical tape. I have made sure that the battery is making good connection to the pins by flattening them with a screwdriver. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error message and my games won't save. I tried two different brand new batteries and still the same error message. I have a feeling that the battery cell might not be the real problem because when I do something with the battery that temporarily removes its connection and turn the unit on, it will ask me to set the language, and after which it will not ask me to do it again. Even if I reset to the kernel after saving in-game and look in the "SAVER" folder there are no files. I am wondering if I'm better off buying a new flash cart or if there is some software related thing I missed. I already flashed the latest kernel version from EZ Flash website. (v2.05)

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
You will probably need a battery which already has the tabs spot welded on, and you will need to solder it to the PCB. You cannot solder to a battery, and just holding it in with tape or whatever will not make a sufficiently good connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021