EZ Flash IV and MOTHER 3...

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Schlupi, Oct 22, 2010.

Oct 22, 2010

EZ Flash IV and MOTHER 3... by Schlupi at 2:04 PM (2,075 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Ok. So I read up on this whole NOR memory thing...

And I saw a bunch of solutions as to how to get the game running... On the DS. People using GbaExploader, all that good stuff...

My question, which will determine if I purchase the EZ Flash IV... is can this NOR flashed ROM or whatever run on an Actual Gba?

I wanna play this on my GBA SP and if I can't then I won't even bother buying an EZ Flash because I might as well just play it on DSTWO.

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    You can flash a gba rom on the NOR memory of an RAM expansion pack such as the EZ Flash 3in1. If you do this, then the EZ Flash behaves like an original GBA card, which means you can play the flashed game on a GBA SP.

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

When the english translation patch came out, do you even know how many times people keep asking the same thing: "Will it run on my EZ-Flash IV?"

4. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Yeah, but you need a ds or dslite, a slot 1 flashcart and the ez 3in1 gbasized to be able to use it on a GBASP.
    Or he can run it also on an EZIV + a miniSD 2GB.
    We can find the ez 3in1 Gbasized here or the EZIV here.

5. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Ok, so if the ROM is NOR flashed, then it will work on my GBA SP as a normal GBA flashcart? So a Gba sized 3 in 1 will allow me to play Mother 3 on my SP... Cool. I will be picking that up instead. [​IMG]

Thanks.

Or wait, will it run on the EZ Flash IV too? I am slightly confused by the wording here...

So it will run on EZ Flash IV or 3 in 1, either cart, on an SP, as long as it is NOR flashed? Is that what you are saying?

Is there any real difference between the functionality of a 3 in 1 and a IV?

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. figured all this out. Thanks for the help! I will be getting a 3 in 1. [​IMG]